As the Director, Content Scheduling & Operations, HBO Max, Korea, you will build and lead the team responsible for the timely delivery of assets and the scheduling of new content on HBO Max Korea. This team understands what content is coming to HBO Max and works with the HBO Max Content Analysis and Optimization, Editorial and Publishing and Growth Marketing teams as well as the WM Programming & Local Original Productions and Operations teams to determine when the best time to schedule new content for the platform and how it will be published, ensuring that assets are received and ready to be published (or need to be edited/fixed before an asset is ready for the platform).
From a strategic and functional perspective, you will work hand in hand with the WM International Programming team on finalizing the short- and long term planning of content availability for HBO Max, leveraging internal (viewership, user behavior metrics) and external data (research, competitive benchmarks), to create the most attractive and effective schedules for our customers and an offering reflecting the brand, values and strategic objectives of HBO Max.
• Lead the development and implementation of the schedule and prioritize all short- and long-term planning and scheduling activities across HBO Max Korea in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Contribute to the development of the strategy for schedules and detailed schedule plans, ensuring that they accurately reflect the overall strategy and priorities of key stakeholders at any point in time.
• Play a strong advisory role to senior managers on the content mix needed to produce consumer focused and competitive schedules, that ultimately help drive customer acquisition, engagement and retention.
• Work with cross-functional teams, including WM Local Original Productions, Programming, Growth Marketing and Editorial teams to define and set premiere dates for HBO Max Original productions, ensuring that premieres and release scheduling optimize the HBO Max content experience Work closely with the HBO Max Korea Data Insights and Planning (DIP) team to understand and inform iterative improvements on how and when content is scheduled to maximize engagement.
• Communicate and liaise with internal teams and stakeholders around content schedule updates and changes to ensure alignment across the HBO Max Korea content, marketing and operational teams Ensure all elements of content asset packages are available and complete to enable the scheduling and publishing to HBO Max Korea.
• Create and communicate detailed contingency and business continuity plans for anticipated and unanticipated changes to the schedule.
• Build and maintain an inventory database and tracking system to provide management with oversight of content availability on HBO Max in terms of volume, mix of genres, quota fulfilment working closely with the WM International Programming acquisitions team on content gaps.
• Monitor regional trends and consumer preferences and tracking industry trends to advise on future content acquisitions and originals greenlighting decisions.
• Monitor content rights to ensure that content is scheduled and published to HBO Max (and sunset appropriately) to align with contractual license periods.
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of competitors' schedules, competing content launches and major competitive initiatives.
• Build, motivate and manage a team of regional schedulers, content operations and account managers– identify best practice and encourage continuous improvement across the team.
• Work cross-functionally with HBO Max Korea Marketing and DIP teams as well as the WM International LOP and Programming, teams to define KPIs taking into consideration thoughtful internal and external analyses to determine areas for optimization and improvement of the content availability and offering.
• Build strong collaborative relationships with the Global HBO Max Content team as well as counterparts in LATAM & EMEA, and in due course, APAC to enable the sharing of best practice and participating in global projects as required.
• Create a system and process to augment content descriptions and themes to enable editorial collections and creations and to facilitate filtering for Data Insights and Planning's content data reports.
• Develop both the short and long-term content planning for HBO Max Korea using real-time data, hypothesis-testing and ROI analyses. Assure alignment with WarnerMedia's overall content/business strategy by actively leading cross-functional communication and alignment with WarnerMedia partners.
• Work closely with Product Team and Standard & Practices (S&P) in local compliance requirements.
• Provides operational immediate solution at front end, while addressing optimization of workflow (root cause).
• Ensure system integration requirements meet specs of Scheduling and Editorial tools.
• Main liaison with Product team for enhancements to the product in Korea from an Operational perspective, including automation.
• Coordinate content partner onboarding requirements with Acquisitions and Ops based on localization requirements.
• Set Up and evaluates work methods and procedures and meets with technology to identify systems to be used.
• Bachelor's degree in media and communication, statistics or other relevant field that demonstrates editorial and quantitative orientation.
• 7-10 years of experience in a DTC media/entertainment company in a content planning/strategy/analytical role, including multicultural leadership. Able to lead and develop a team, to build a shared vision and manage performance to achieve objectives.
• Demonstrated experience in building, managing and leading a cross-border, international team.
• Sophisticated stakeholder management skills in a matrixed and global organization.
• Analytical mindset that can create valuable insights from user behavior data that can inform content decisions and planning. Strives to come up with new and more effective ways of measuring the impact of content scheduling and planning on all aspects of our business, and to communicate these learnings to all relevant parties across the organization.
• Analytical approach to schedule development and high attention to detail.
• Ability to identify key facts, trends and issues, to anticipate problems and propose solutions. Able to manage large volumes of information and identify salient points.
• Familiarity with content licensing models, originals production process, and the TV and film ecosystem at large. Ability to effectively represent data-based and consumer-focused content recommendations and requirements.
• Deep understanding of changing viewing habits and the lifecycle of content beyond their initial premiere.
• Sound editorial judgment and ability to advise on how to improve or shape the editorial of a new content idea to maximize its performance.
• Significant planning and organizing skills, able to meet multiple fixed deadlines. Reacts to constant changes in priorities by reorganizing work of self and others to meet shifting deadlines and targets. Able to retain focus on key aims and objectives in the long term, whilst retaining a careful watch on day-to-day detail.
• Expert understanding of short, medium, and, long term tactical scheduling strategies gained through experience on digital.
• Strong IT skills, particularly around spreadsheets and bespoke sched
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rox513-54-211-101-93-42 in your application.