The Director of Advanced Content Analytics will be our key thought leader on all things Content Analytics for the Content Intelligence team within HBOMax. This team is dedicated to providing insight to our creative executives for our existing and future content libraries, competitive content analyses and analytical solutions that help HBO better understand and grow its best in class television and film library and continuously improve the engagement of its customers.
You not only have a deep understanding of real-world Advanced Analytics, but also hands-on experience driving cross-functional stakeholder adoption of frameworks, metrics, and quantitative approaches to evaluating content value and performance. You are a storyteller and educator who leverages data to deliver insights and narratives.
• Develop and own relationships with your business partners and key cross-functional stakeholders, namely fellow data and analytics engineers and content executives across Warnermedia
• Build quantitative frameworks for understanding the value of our content on HBOMax and proactively provide key insights and recommendations
• Present findings and strategic recommendations with clarity and concision to business partners having varying degrees of data analytics and data sciences fluency
• Manage and prioritize requests from business partners and set realistic expectations. Transparently communicate about priorities on a regular basis
• Roll-up your sleeves and contribute as you build and lead a team of talented data engineers and data analysts in the pursuit of determining the value of content. Grow the team by coaching and mentoring team members
• Lead the development of analytical solutions that help HBO make smarter content decisions across development, scheduling, marketing, and digital platforms
• Foster a shared purpose among team members that enhances the capabilities of the team by building a collaborative learning environment
• Develop and nurture your team to mine HBO Max and other third-party data to better understand how consumers make their entertainment choices, help define our data requirements both from our internal source data to external content metadata enrichment
• Help define, understand, and interpret the audience segments who relate to our and our competitors' content
• Contribute to improving processes for data collection, processing, modeling and analysis
• Bachelor's degree, MS or greater in quantitative field of study (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, etc.) or extensive work experience
• 5+ years' experience managing a team, including experience building a team from the ground up
• 10+ years of experience in executing and managing complex analytic projects
• Demonstrable experience leading a highly analytical team
• Experience working with complex and large volumes of data
• Experience applying query, visualization, presentation, and analytical tools in a professional environment
• Experience with an Enterprise Data Warehouse and Snowflake, Redshift, Teradata, Oracle and/or SQL Server databases
• Familiarity with data analytics tools possibly including Looker, SQL, Python, R and/or Tableau
• Ability to work with multiple and disparate data sets, sources, formats, etc.
• Inquisitive, conceptual thinker comfortable overseeing analytics on complex problems with a wide range of business applications
• Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate junior staff in a fast-paced ever-changing environment empowering them to do great things by developing a shared purpose and shared success.
• Must be capable of telling compelling data centric stories that inform key strategic and tactical decisions to varying internal and external stakeholders, of varying seniority.
• Experience in analytic consulting to c-level across multiple functional areas (product development, marketing, finance, customer support) preferred
• Expertise in the digital media and entertainment industry. Media and content analysis are a big plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0nm18-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.