New York, NY
Seeking a talented, proven graphic designer with experience in branding and key art development. As part of HBO Design + Production, you will enjoy an engaging, fast-paced environment with opportunities to create original and innovative designs that stay true to the brand. The Designer may direct the work of one or more designers/production artists to generate layouts/comps and final art (print and digital). They will also be required to execute final designs and mechanicals for completion of projects, as needed. In collaboration with the art directors, copywriters and account and production team members, the Designer assists in the creative process while meeting multiple deadlines. This designer must have strong communication skills, and be adept at articulating the thinking behind their aesthetic and design decisions to get internal buy-in. They are confident in their instincts, experimental with their work and yet can filter through feedback to recognize constructive criticism.
• Act as technical and creative production lead for art directors.
• Have a strong understanding of grid use, typography and hierarchy of information.
• Partner with Senior Art Directors to drive the quality of design solutions for our business partners.
• Create electronic mechanicals on latest Mac software and platforms.
• Teach lower-level design staff new technology, new software knowledge and proper pre-press and online (color optimization) preparation.
• Check and prepare all necessary files for final release via e-mail to printers/service bureaus, as well as online production.
• Be accountable in every area: adherence to project timelines, account team support and service, and collaboration among all team members.
• Take initiative and prioritize tasks; have excellent time management, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
• Take direction from the SVP, Creative Director, Senior Art Director and all assigned stakeholders while meeting multiple deadlines.
• Partner with print buyers and production to adhere to standards in color quality, preflight process; inspect and approve printer proofs, and select or recommend paper stocks.
• Participate in the creative/direction process with the SVP, Creative Director, Senior Art Directors and copywriters.
• Through their managers, gain understanding of business partners' strategies and objectives.
• Stay abreast of current technology and design trends in the visual communication industry.
• College graphic design degree with 5 years' design or agency experience
• Proficient in latest Mac software: CS Suite, Adobe Acrobat and electronic troubleshooting methods
• Extreme attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines
• Impressive, wide-ranging portfolio
• Ability to successfully manage time, workflow and schedule
• Excellent verbal/written communications skills
• Clear understanding of meeting project deadlines
• Entertainment industry experience a plus