Culver City, CA
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join the HBO Max Experimentation team. In this role, you will play a key part in growing the experimentation-centric culture of HBO Max. You will participate in several cross-functional teams to establish best practices, develop cutting-edge statistical tests and evaluate the vast number of experiments being run across every aspect of the company.
• Partner with Product, Analytics & Engineering teams to design, analyze and interpret the experiments that drive decision-making at HBO Max.
• Perform research into new tests and techniques that can reduce both test time and errors.
• Establish and evangelize best practices around experimentation.
• M.S. or Ph.D. in Statistics, Biostatistics, Neuroscience, Psychology or related field.
• Mastery of statistical testing and experimentation.
• Strong knowledge of variance reduction techniques.
• 1 - 4 years of expertise in Bayesian statistics, state-space models & hierarchical modeling.
• Strong programming skills in Python (or R, Julia) and SQL
• The ability to clearly communicate complex statistical results to a broad audience
• Experience with probabilistic programming (e.g. PyMC3, STAN, Pyro, NumPyro)
• Knowledge of Causal inference techniques and libraries.
• Experience with multi-armed bandits
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d978x7-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.