Manager, Global Streaming Strategy
Culver City, CA
Your New Role…
The HBO Max Global Product Analytics team is seeking a Data Analyst to be responsible for turning data into information, information into insights, and insights into key business decisions that steer the strategic direction of Warner Bros. Discovery's streaming products. The right person for this role is curious, enjoys a fast-paced environment, loves problem-solving, and is a good communicator. You will play a key role in the future of WBD's streaming business by being a go-to analytical resource for all things related to product performance and by delivering impactful insights to product decision-makers by telling powerful stories with data.
• Conduct analyses to drive valuable business insights, using internal analytics tools and SQL to access and manipulate multivariate data
• Build data visualizations and multi-faceted dashboards that convey key performance metrics, significant trends, and relationships across multiple data sources within the product domain
• Ideate and develop new metrics and analytical approaches, measuring product performance for both tactical and strategic decision-making
• Collaborate with your manager or other team members to take projects and requests from end-to-end, defining business needs, developing strategies, and socializing insights to the business
• Effectively communicate results through compelling data storytelling across the organization
• Provide ad-hoc analysis support to identify trends that drive business performance
Experience & Qualifications…
• Degree, ideally in an analytical area such as Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science or equivalent
• 2+ years of relevant work experience in analytics and/or business intelligence
• Strong analytical skills – with a proficient ability to read/write complex SQL queries to analyze data
• Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, etc.) coupled with strong storytelling skills for technical and non-technical audiences
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Naturally inquisitive, critical thinker, proactive problem-solver, and detail-oriented
• Positive attitude and an open mind
• Ability to manage time effectively to consistently meet deadlines with some support
• Ability to manage and balance multiple (and sometimes competing) priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Team player and relationship builder
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $80,499.00 - $149,497.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4e46z-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $80,499 to $149,497 Per Year ($ USD)