WarnerMedia seeks a Counsel for the Studios & Nets Legal department. This Counsel will perform high level legal work supporting the development, licensing and production of unscripted programming, documentaries and specials for HBO Max, as well as TNT, TBS and truTV.
• Drafting and negotiating a high volume and large variety of development and production related agreements, including co-production, licensing, production services, option purchase/rights acquisition, format agreements, executive producer agreements, performer/participant agreements, director agreements, first look and overall/term agreements.
• Advising on deal structures, chain of title and other underlying rights and clearance issues, content clearance and other production and distribution issues.
• Coordinating with relevant stakeholders and business units on matters related to rights and clearances, tax credits, backend participations, claims/litigation and risk management.
• Candidate must have a combined minimum of four years of relevant experience in an attorney position handling legal work for original television series at one or more networks, studios, media companies and/or law firms handling entertainment related matters.
• Excellent academic credentials and references.
• Superior drafting, negotiating and analytical ability.
• Strong project management, interpersonal and communication skills.
• A positive, team-oriented attitude.
• Outstanding initiative, strategic thinking and decision-making ability.
• A capacity to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Extensive experience in what will be his/her primary areas of responsibility, including the drafting and negotiation of complex agreements.
• College Graduate and J.D./Law degree required.
• Must be admitted to State Bar; preferably in Georgia, California, or New York. Bar membership must be in good standing
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx7qwo-18-232-179-37-42 in your application.