As a copywriter in Design + Production, you will help drive the marketing success of HBO and HBO Max, WarnerMedia's streaming service. You will enjoy an engaging, fast-paced environment with opportunities to collaborate with other copywriters and editors, designers, account managers, marketing and production teams to deliver original and innovative creative solutions for business partners across the company.
Reporting to the director of copy + editing, this experienced copywriter will craft high-quality, targeted messaging for a wide range of projects including key art for HBO Originals and Max Originals programming, print and digital marketing collateral, materials that support HBO and HBO Max brands and more. This role requires a skilled writer-one who knows what's needed for a snappy tagline or a space-limited subhead vs. body copy and extensive descriptions-and someone who is able to provide strategic, persuasive messaging under tight deadlines within a dynamic, team-based environment, while also demonstrating strong general editing skills with excellent attention to detail.
Beyond crafting and executing top-of-the-line creative copy, this role is also about building a meaningful, long-lasting relationship between our brand and millions of people and the entertainment we all love.
• Write creative, effective copy for a variety of projects and business partners.
• Develop taglines and additional copy for programming key art and related collateral.
• Deliver complete, error-free copy formatted in standardized copy deck template, with all necessary legal language.
• Follow relevant brand guidelines for copy style, tone of voice and target audience.
• Work independently to execute assigned projects.
• Understand business partner objectives and apply them to copy.
• Work closely with copyeditors to maintain all copy standards throughout projects.
• Collaborate with designers and other team members to deliver quality creative solutions.
• Bachelor's degree in English, journalism major/minor preferred
• 3+ years of copywriting in all forms of consumer and business writing
• Knowledgeable of basic copyediting and grammar rules (and when to break them)
• Strong organizational skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
• Must be a creative and dynamic self-starter, comfortable with taking initiative and able to work against deadlines with minimum supervision in a fast-paced work environment
• Ability to write in/translate Spanish a plus
• Entertainment industry experience a plus
** Please include portfolio and cover letter with your submission
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb7q4x-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.