New York, NY
*Please submit a portfolio or a minimum of two writing samples with your application*
The Coordinator, Original Programming Editorial, reporting to the Manager, Original Programming Editorial, will support the creation and distribution of HBO and Max original programming write-ups. An integral part of the Original Programming (OP) Editorial team, the position will coordinate internal processes as they relate to Editorial, working collaboratively with the larger Content Strategy & Planning team, as well as with various other key partner teams across the company. The Coordinator will also contribute as a writer and editor for HBO/Max original programming write-ups.
• Contribute as a writer and editor of onelines, summaries, promotional points, and episodic synopses for HBO and Max OP. Edit, proofread, and fact-check editorial materials. Along with Editorial team, present content overviews for upcoming originals in monthly cross-departmental meetings.
• Help maintain the internal OP SharePoint and SmartSheet sites. Upload approved write-ups and implement updates/revisions as they arise.
• Act as backup for the submission of Max OP write-ups to the HBO Max metadata team via Excel and internal content management systems.
• Coordinate monthly OP Overview meetings and other meetings as needed (send meeting invites, help prepare materials/agendas, etc.). Help maintain up-to-date distribution lists.
• As needed, provide support in responding to requests from key internal stakeholders on programming content questions, editorial needs/deadlines, approval status, etc.
• Minimum 2 years writing/editorial experience, preferably for a major media company.
• Superb attention to detail, with strong writing and copy-editing skills. Excellent organizational and verbal communications skills.
• Ability to be flexible, work under tight deadlines, and at a high-volume.
• A passion for entertainment and pop culture
• Bachelor's degree required (English, Communications, or Journalism preferred).