Business Intelligence Analyst
New York, NY
Find out more at HBOMax.com .
The Business Operations team builds connective tissue for HBO Max, empowering our cross-functional partners with the tools, processes, and structure they need to do their best work. On the daily, we partner across all teams in the organization to enhance processes, drive efficiency and create visibility. We are versatile, flexible, and diplomatic, proactively identifying opportunities to support our cross-functional partners by improving BAU operations and tackling new strategic initiatives in an ever-evolving environment.
The Business Operations Specialist will review the consumer-packaged product across all HBO Max platforms and devices, before and after each publishing cycle. This person will work closely with Content, Design, and other upstream teams, perform content QC and app QA, and respond to incidents and change requests. The Business Operations Specialist will support the rollouts of new app features and initiatives to improve the customer experience on HBO Max.
Biz Ops' roles and scope will evolve as the business does - adaptability and a wholehearted willingness to pivot and take on whatever is needed is essential.
• Review the consumer-packaged product across all platforms and devices, before and after each publishing cycle
• Oversee the quality and status of all publishing assets, such as art, metadata, video/audio, and other integral deliverables for the Publishing team
• Able to respond quickly to requests for editorial and marketing initiatives due to breaking current events or timely campaigns
• Support the core Publishing Strategists team by scheduling and publishing assets for HBO and HBO Max within the internal HBO scheduling tool
• Coordinate with the Editorial, Design, and Project Management teams to maintain synergy and awareness to meet deadlines for all parties involved
• Provide QA support on new features and app upgrades
• 3+ years of experience in QA and QC, especially in the video streaming industry or tech entertainment world
• Extensive experience in distinguishing between different video/image/audio profiles, with a keen eye and ear to confidently detect anomalies in product
• Experience in content or product publishing, ideally with deep knowledge of content management systems and scheduling tools
• Knowledge of the competitive landscape across SVOD, AVOD, and OTT services
• Hands-on experience with a multitude of video streaming devices, such as desktop, iOS, Android, tvOS, AndroidTV, etc
• Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities; candidate must be able to create their own direction yet balance cross functional teams' needs, reacting quickly, dynamically, and intelligently
• Deep understanding of the personalization space and video streaming industry
• Highly organized with deep attention to detail.
• Executes against a vision via small, medium, and long-term projects
• Thrives in a team that believes in working fast, accountability, and learning from mistakes
• Comfortable in a small, lean team, that requires you to get in the trenches to drive work forward and have a high output
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC