Senior Financial Analyst, TV Production, Global Financial Operations
Culver City, CA
The Business Operations Manager (Strategic Initiatives) will focus on bringing structure to uncharted, undefined territory, focusing primarily on special projects that enable the growth and scalability of HBO Max. You will identify opportunity, adeptly navigate ambiguity, build strong bridges between teams, and deliver repeatable, scalable processes that serve the evolving needs of our cross functional partners and the business as a whole.
Biz Ops' roles and scope will evolve as the business does - adaptability and a wholehearted willingness to pivot and take on whatever is needed is essential.
• Report to the Senior Manager overseeing Biz Ops' involvement in all new strategic initiatives, driving the expansion and enhancement of HBO Max
• Support our cross-functional partners and your fellow Biz Ops team members through new initiatives with clear strategic planning and execution
• Be a champion for scalable and repeatable operations and processes; consistently monitor and enhance current practices across the business, including process, tools, and communications plans
• Create and present impactful business-case storytelling for executives and stakeholders
• Confidently lead efficient, effective meetings across various levels
• Develop strong, trusted relationships with all of our cross-functional partners, securing necessary buy-in from diverse stakeholders
• 3-5 years of experience in business operations or as a management consultant; experience scaling a start-up and/or familiarity with streaming services a plus.
• Efficient executor with strategic chops: You create and implement a plan while keeping the bigger picture in mind. You enjoy digging into the weeds but are also a broad, strategic thinker.
• Concise, effective communicator: You are a master storyteller, able to bring structure to ambiguity. You have a knack for distilling complex concepts and analysis into clear recommendations and plans across all modes of communication (emails, presentations, Excel models, etc.).
• Flexible team player and leader: You are energized by rapidly-evolving environments and have the versatility to play a variety of roles to get the job done. Ideally, you have experience leading 1-2 direct reports.
• Self-motivated and accountable: You are able to lead projects autonomously, driving them from conception through to execution.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills: You default to collaboration, able to navigate highly cross-functional environments diplomatically and successfully. You lead with kindness and empathy while driving toward results.