Home Box Office, Inc. seeks a Business Intelligence Technical Lead for the HBO General Inc.-HBO Data Mgmt and Platforms department.The BI Technical Lead - Solutions Engineer will be instrumental in evolving the data and analytics platform. In this role the engineer will provide expertise in supporting and/or transforming existing BI Solutions as well as designing new analytical applications for a cloud- based environment. This position is based in New York City and reports to the Technical Manager of Business Intelligence.
• Instrumental in integrating data from multiple sources (Cloud and On-Premise) into BI Tools and Reporting Platforms.
• Lead Engineering development and ongoing support with Enterprise BI Tools (Business Objects, Tableau & Looker)
• Develop a deep understanding of the data tables and relationships as well as the BI assets within business functional domains to become a subject matter expert
• Key Liaison with Business Clients to ensure solutions delivered are timely and meet expected results.
• Provide guidance and technical expertise for Solution Implementation, to Business Clients & less-experienced off-shore resources.
• Possess an enthusiastic and creative spirit to implement solutions in an ever demanding and changing business and technology landscape.
• 6+ years of experience supporting/developing/implementing data-driven reporting solutions using Business Intelligence Tools like Business Objects, Tableau & Looker.
• Self-managing and ability to lead project solution end-to-end.
• Collaborating with clients to determine analytical requirements and lead implementation through the development of data-driven tools.
• Hands on experience with designing the semantic layer for the BI Tools, along with queries in SQL and optimization of SQL query performance, preferably across multiple dialects (Oracle, Athena, Snowflake)
• Experience in a scripting language such as R and/or Python is a plus.
• Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills, capable of learning new technologies.
• Strong Knowledge of best practices for dashboards and BI Reporting Solutions.
• Specific hands on experience with developing Visualizations utilizing Tableau or Looker which incorporate complex calculations and robust interactive dashboards.
• Ability to guide technical team members, offshore developers and provide knowledge share.
• Must have strong communication skills, presentation skills, ownership acumen, and be able to deconstruct complex problems & projects into detailed execution plans.
• BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
• Business Objects, Tableau & Looker Certified Professional Certifications
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3v5x4-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.