Sr. Manager, Product Insights & Experimentation
New York, NY
Find out more information at HBOMax.com.
Like to develop features that millions of customers depend upon? The Commerce group is a friendly, energetic engineering team responsible for the money side of the HBO Max streaming service. We're full stack, working from the frontend to onboard new customers and serve existing subscribers, to the backend developing sophisticated commerce systems and integrating with external payment services. We're cross-location and have learned to work effectively through collaboration tools. We're looking for engineers that have an interest in the commerce space and a passion for creating great software.
As a software engineer on WarnerMedia's Direct Commerce team, you will design and build solutions for e-commerce. You will own and improve features including creating subscriptions via web and mobile apps, experimentation, billing and invoicing, integrating with external payment gateways, and providing financial reporting tools for internal stakeholders. By joining our team, you'll have a rare opportunity to make some of the world's best content accessible to millions of customers, securely and seamlessly.
In this role, you will:
• Join a growing team with many opportunities for you to expand your skillset.
• Get the opportunity to work in multiple areas of the product, both on the client-side and server-side.
• Learn to evaluate multiple technical approaches and drive consensus with your engineering peers.
• Use data to solve real world problems and improve customer experience.
• Grow your ability to design, implement, and own critical features of a product used by millions of customers.
• Have experienced engineers close by to mentor you.
• Be one of the first developers to work with new features from a variety of e-commerce platforms and technology partners.
• Work with designers, product managers, and marketers to optimize the purchase experience.
• Have a solid understanding of common software data structures and algorithms.
• Be a quick learner that can leverage surrounding resources to solve their problems.
• Be passionate about software engineering with a strong sense of ownership for the code that you and your team write.
• Hold yourself and your team to high standards while maintaining friendly, respectful relationships.
• Seek self-improvement and are adaptable to suggestions and feedback.
The Nice to Haves
• Bachelor's degree in an engineering or science-related discipline or 2+ years of experience in software engineering on shipped consumer products or platforms.
• Full-stack industry experience, or hands-on familiarity with both client and server technology.
• DevOps experience, where you've owned and operated the systems you've developed.
• Success in designing and building exciting, highly polished, and dynamic user experiences.
• Hands-on experience with web, mobile, game console, set-top box and/or TV client application development.
• Success in designing and building highly available systems at scale.
• Experience with a variety of back-end persistence, queuing and networking technologies, especially Kubernetes and AWS.
• Experience with e-commerce development, financial systems, and payment gateways like Stripe.
• HBO exclusive events
• Paid time off to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.