Director, Strategic Communications
Santa Monica, CA
Talent Relations is responsible for establishing the talent experience and building a community for HBO and HBO Max's creators and actors. The team acts as a liaison between the company and its most valued asset, talent. This team seeks to build and strengthen relationships via set visits, table reads, talent dinners, wrap parties, cast appreciation, festivals, premieres, awards campaigns, and gifting. The team also partners with all WarnerMedia divisions to promote and engage with talent for large-scale corporate initiatives, guiding and weighing in on who, when, and what talent should be utilized to achieve company goals.
• Support talent relations manager and VP for all talent needs on assigned series and projects while managing some assigned projects/talent on own.
• Work collaboratively with departments including Corporate Communications, Publicity, Special Events, Marketing, Multicultural Marketing, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Digital Social Media to leverage talent participation to promote the corporate brand and specific projects.
• Develop and maintain relationships with entertaintment community including Talent, Pulicists, Agents, Managers, Vendors, etc.
• Play a key role in the research, organization, purchasing, and delivery of talent gifts for all occasions including life moments (birthday, milestone, thank you, promotion, baby, sympathy), awards/honors,and industry gifts.
• Assist in planning, executing, inviting talent to cast dinners for new series, including support in securing venue, selecting menu, designing invite, liasing with show production, sending invite, and arranging anything else needed (i.e.. security or valet).
• Attend table reads and set visits as needed.
• Oversee talent travel including flight, hotel, and car reservations - and troubleshoot any changes.
• Create comprehensive talent itineraries that may include air, hotel, cars, hair & makeup timing and event details for the Upfront, festivals, conventions, award shows, FYCs and premieres as well as help with overseeing RSVP lists for these events.
• Assist with awards-related outreach collecting RSVPs, providing event details, etc. to talent.
• Onsite event coverage, overseeing talent arrivals and departures, ticket distribution, etc. at premieres, award shows, festivals, conventions, etc.
• Forecast and track talent travel costs and adhere to approved event budgets.
• Negotiate & track spending for hair, make-up, and styling.
REQUIREMENTS: A minimum of 3 years of work-related experience; publicity/agency/studio/network experience desired. Ability to interface with all levels of executives and talent. Must be a diligent, detail-oriented worker who is efficient, a creative problem-solver, and not afraid to ask questions. A positive personality that appreciates a challenge and can work in a fast paced environment. Must be a self-starter that enjoys working collaboratively. Always professional and always maintains composure, particularly in stressful situations. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Willing to travel. Ability to work some nights and weekends. Proficiency in Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Google Suite. Event experience is a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rboe0y-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.