WarnerMedia seeks an Application Engineer for the HBO General Inc.-WM - ISO - Security Ops & Arch department.
• The Application Engineer also serves as an escalation point of contact for advanced application support issues and is required to be able to handle issues related to supporting infrastructures as well as Software Application systems.
• Participation in an active on-call troubleshooting is vital to maintaining acceptable levels of service delivery for clients.
• Demonstrate leadership skills and take ownership of customer issues reported 50%
• Acknowledge any customer issue, setup conference calls if required, effectively communicate and make sure the issue is resolved.
• Respond to application support escalations which involve troubleshooting moderate technical issues and resolving data/configuration issues 25%
• Application outage or a user specific issue that becomes a showstopper for the user, may require some basic troubleshooting, diagnosis and assistance from other teams to resolve it.
• Understanding of Application architecture, Server Configuration, network and firewall concepts 5%
• In order to diagnose and troubleshoot issues for the platform, a basic understanding of the infrastructure, environment and platform is a necessity.
• This knowledge needs to be continuously updated to stay current.
• Collaborate with multiple internal teams across disparate groups to resolve client support escalations 5%
• A user issue related to incorrect data in HR systems, will require co-ordination with HR teams across the organization, Database teams and data architecture teams to find the root cause and resolve it.
• During this process, the support engineer will maintain communications with various teams and update the user with the progress.
• Collaborate with Product Build team and Engineering to review software enhancements and provide design and testing feedback 10%
• The identity platform performs 5-6 releases in a year that the support team need to test, provide feedback and retest. Update the documentation related to releases and troubleshooting knowledge articles.
• Also support team need to provide enhancement requests or report bugs to build team based on user issues.
• Participate in, or directly work on any additional projects, assignments, or initiatives assigned by management 5%
• Different projects across the enterprise like Data Architecture workflow consolidation project may require participation to ensure the data feeds in and out of Identity platform are properly addressed.
• Broad knowledge and experience in Technical support, IT support, or as a technical engineer.
• Degree or equivalent experience in BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or similar. Above average skills in providing operational application support for Microsoft .Net applications both on-prem and cloud hosted.
• Experience in using and/or supporting one or more of the following Microsoft technologies like ASP.net, MVC, Client-side scripting like Angular and jQuery and MS SQL Server.
• Broad knowledge and experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting technical issues.
• Fluent in written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to focus and follow-through to resolution of issues.
• Ability to diffuse tension and work the issue at hand.
• Fluent in client-facing/customer service skills .
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpjm2x-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.