A-Level Campaign Specialist - Gdm
Travel / Tourism Senior Director - Revd
TRAVEL/TOURISM SENIOR DIRECTOR (REMOTE) - REVD
The Travel/Tourism team will facilitate media project launches through creation of campaign, budget, timeline and execution of project/creatives/platforms. The senior director will possess the ability to develop connections with stakeholders at DMCs, DMOs, TPAs, CVBs, Co-ops, attractions, and local businesses to help identify and achieve business goals using Gray's extensive reach with digital, OTT, and broadcast platforms. Using a hunter's mindset to uncover and compete for RFPs and media grants from a variety of government and private organizations, working collaboratively with stations and operations to create a plan that is closely aligned with client goals and objectives. The ideal candidate will help create a sales culture rooted in ownership of the client's success and urgency in revenue generation and client retention. The senior director should be able to interpret various types of data and analytics for strategic optimization and when appropriate, attend meetings, seminars, conventions, and workshops to further knowledge and stay informed of the changes in the tourism industry, and exchange information.
Your Primary Responsibilities:
• Prepare and research for client meetings, working closely with the sales teams at each station
• Manage, track and optimize account performance to maximize client satisfaction and renewal business
• Identify clients' needs by listening and probing during discussions of their objectives and strategies
• Study the competitive environment and build knowledge of clients' business
• Reacts to change productively and handles other essential tasks as assigned all while working in a fast paced environment
• Invest in a long-term commitment to team and business growth, all while supporting company goals and objectives
• This position requires extensive travel (over 50% of the time)
• Bachelors' degree, preferably in business, marketing, communications or hospitality management.
• 3+ years management experience in a sales/marketing for a media company or multi-platform ad sales.
• Strong knowledge of television, digital, OTT and travel/tourism industries.
• Creative & strategic, with the ability to create best in class custom marketing solutions.
• Must be able to work and thrive in a remote team environment. Ability to work effectively in a cross-discipline team, both as a leader and as a partner/collaborator.
• Must be a ''people person'' who is comfortable with a high volume of phone and webinar calls with C-level clientele and internal managers.
• Excellent negotiating and closing skills with a proven track record in achieving/exceeding sales goals.
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact successfully with clients and advertising agencies at all levels.
• Must have a valid Driver's License.
• Position may be located at corporate offices in Charlotte, NC or in an area where Gray owns or operates a media company.
• Qualified applicants, apply online and attach your cover letter and resume. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy792p-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.