WYMT is the CBS affiliate and dominate number one station in the scenic Appalachian Mountains of Southeastern Kentucky. This regional station is located in the small town of Hazard, and has three bureaus and serves more than 25 counties. WYMT provides award-winning local news, weather, and sports coverage. WYMT.com is the region's most powerful digital platform. WYMT is involved and dedicated to the local communities we serve, participating in numerous charities and causes.
A second channel, Heroes & Icons (H&I), allows WYMT to offer even more local programming, including dozens of live high school and college football and basketball games each year. The WYMT/Food City Mountain Basketball Classic has generated more than four million dollars for local students and schools. WYMT has a proven record of turning out solid journalists capable of moving up in the ranks. Several anchors and producers have moved on to top 40 markets in the last couple of years.
You can enjoy all four seasons … from snow-covered mountains in the winter to blooming dogwoods in the spring. With miles of trails and lakes, it is a popular destination for outdoor recreation, hunting, and fishing. The people of Appalachia are full of pride in their home and culture, and some of the most welcoming you will find. We have a strong work ethic and are always willing to help our neighbors. You will certainly find a ''mountain family'' atmosphere at WYMT.
Effective immediately WYMT-TV is accepting applications for a Technical Media Producer (TMP). The TMP will be involved in locally produced and remote productions. The TMP is a unique position, having the responsibility of coding and directing newscast, going on remote productions, and running master control programming. This entry level position provides room to grow within WYMT and Gray Television. Our employees typically move on to Top 40 Markets. We work hard and have fun! Great station! Great company!
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Setting up audio/video equipment for remote events.
• Running Camera, Graphics, and Audio for Live Remotes
• Running master control programming.
• Editing commercials and ingesting into the master control systems.
• Work with producers and team to prepare for newscasts.
• Coding and Directing Live or Pre-recorded productions using Ross Overdrive System
• Monitoring on-air signals, transmitter readings, and other duties as assigned.
• The successful candidate must possess strong communication and people skills and an operating knowledge of PCs, MAC and other editing software.
• Prior production/master control experience is a plus.
• Additional training will be necessary for the successful applicant.
• Training will be provided by the station.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqmzp9-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.