TECHNICAL MEDIA PROD. (PRIMARY) - WOIO/WUAB
WOIO/WUAB and WTCL are the CBS, CW and Telemundo affiliates in Cleveland, Ohio. We produce roughly 70 hours of news per week and deliver content on a 24/7 basis on our digital and streaming news platforms. We are the market's leader with our First Alert Weather - having won the most accurate weather in Cleveland for over 18 years! We carry Browns Football, the NFL, NCAA March Madness, PGA, and the number one network in the nation with CBS on WOIO. We are proud to be one of the highest-rated CW affiliates in the country with WUAB! We are the only station in the market serving the Hispanic Community with Telemundo Cleveland.
The Technical Media Producer (TMP) Directs Newscasts, Special Programs, Breaking News, Live Sports and Severe Weather, while also providing QC support to Network and Local programming. The TMP is responsible for directing live or pre-recorded productions using Ross Overdrive, w/ Chyron graphics, and Bitcentral playout. monitor on-air signals, transmitter, and FCC logs, ingest daily programming and commercials, and monitor Crispin programming playlist automation. In addition to the attention to detail required by an MCO, this position also requires a close working relationship with news producers to create and execute dynamic, fast-paced newscasts. This position requires a positive team player with a passion for broadcast media.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Monitor all broadcast streams for WOIO, WUAB, WTCL & WOHZ
• Operate Ross Overdrive & Ross Acuity Switcher, Chyron graphics, and Bitcentral playout
• Direct live newscasts including breaking news, weather, specials, and sports
• Daily work with ENPS newsroom computer system
• Understanding of all equipment in studio and master control area
• Daily care and maintenance of equipment and studio
• Operate master control Crispin Automation with a Harmonic Video Server, including the ability to effectively perform the following: commercial/program ingest & QC, Satellite operations, controlling the automation system
• Ability to operate between multiple control rooms with no change in overall performance, and proper effective communication within the TMP team
• All Master Control needs including media management, automation playout and quality-control
• Proficient operation and knowledge of Master Control operation and supporting equipment
• Proper and effective communication with Newsroom personnel with ability to handle changing situations
• Ability to adhere to all FCC procedures and requirements
• Other duties as assigned
• Experience with Ross Overdrive, Chyron, Bitcentral, Crispin automation, and ENPS
• Master Control experience with Crispin or any automation preferred
• Flexibility with scheduling and job assignments
• Computer experience and willingness to learn are a must
• Experience in master control and or newscast directing is preferred
• A successful applicant will be dependable, focused, detail-oriented, and able to work under pressure with strict deadlines and have strong multi-tasking skills
• Needs to work and communicate well with others, but also be a self-starter
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, references.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g60nw9-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.