TECHNICAL MEDIA PROD. (MCO/DIRECTOR) - WTAP
WTAP is THE most saturating media in the Mid-Ohio Valley. We may be among the smallest TV stations in America, but we are also one of the most dynamic. With state-of-the-art technology, a terrific on-air look, and a dynamic digital presence. You'll be proud of the work you'll do here. And you'll grow quickly because there is so much opportunity! You'll get to explore whatever you want to do in the communications field, whether it's on-camera, behind-the-scenes, or in sales. WTAP is involved in the communities we cover. From covering high school sports, to participating in local events, to helping small businesses grow and thrive through commercials and mobile products, WTAP does it all. And we do it all – together. The Mid-Ohio Valley includes the communities of Parkersburg, WV and Marietta, OH and the 50-mile area surrounding them. It's the kind of place where you can walk down the street and say ''hi'' to people and they'll say ''hi'' right back at you! It's the kind of place where local news-people become like family to the viewers and on-line readers.
The WTAP Operations department is looking for a Technical Media Producer for directing our evening newscasts as well as monitoring and quality control of our seven television stations. The job consists of working 3:30pm to 2:30am with an hour break Thu-Sat. May have to periodically cover different shifts for other team members PTO if available.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring our television stations and correcting various issues which might arise
- Working with producers and news team members to prepare for newscasts
- Being attentive and focused on the job, ability to think technically
- Triggering local breaks in LIVE network programming
- Monitoring on-air signals, transmitter readings, and other duties as assigned
- Computer experience and willingness to learn and retain are a must
- We will train applicant on all systems required for position
- A successful applicant will be dependable, focused, detail-oriented, and able to work under pressure with strict deadlines and have strong multi-tasking skills
- Needs to work and communicate well with others, but also be a self-starter
- A valid driver's license is required along with reliable transportation
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
WTAP-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4e2vv-3-238-250-73-42 in your application.