TECHNICAL MEDIA PROD. (PRIMARY) - WHSV
WHSV has just been named ''Outstanding News Operation of the Virginias'' by the Virginias Associated Press Broadcasters. We are located in Harrisonburg, Virginia situated in the Shenandoah Valley. Our team produces nearly 30 hours of local news each week. We strive to bring our viewers the best content on all platforms. Harrisonburg is a thriving community located two hours from Washington, DC and Richmond. We have a proven track record of growing journalists to larger Gray markets.
The Technical Media Producer has the general responsibility for directing live or pre-recorded productions as assigned, monitoring station's on-air signals, transmitter, and FCC logs, and ingesting daily programming and commercials. Regular assignments will involve directing specific newscasts, misc. station productions, and various elements for the web channel. The shift will primarily be Monday through Friday 3am to noon. Other days and hours may be required, including holidays. Consistent tardiness will not be tolerated, and candidate must have suitable transportation to work, including during inclement weather conditions. The successful candidate will possess strong communication and people skills and an operating knowledge of PCs.
• Operating: Ross Overdrive automation, Ross production video switcher, MCR / Harris automation, Platinum House routing system, VizRT graphics, Adobe Photoshop.
Successful candidate will operate supporting equipment in Production/Master Control - including the ability to effectively perform operations with robotic camera, prompter, audio and a working knowledge of in-house web production.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Direct live and pre-recorded productions as assigned for WHSV
• Understanding of FCC broadcast regulations
• Occasional operation of Edius editing software
• Work with ENPS, newsroom computer system
• Understanding of all equipment in studios and production areas
• Dedication to care of equipment
• Work closely with all other departments to meet all daily demands
• Training of new personnel as assigned
• Assist in maintaining clean studios and production areas
• Variable work schedule due to changing shifts, turnover, station projects, etc.
• Other Duties as Assigned
Physical Requirements -
• Sitting or standing for long periods of time.
• Good or corrected hearing and vision.
• Good English speaking skills, the ability to speak clearly.
• Ability to carry moderately heavy equipment, cameras, tripods, monitors (greater than 50 lbs.).
• Possibility of in working extreme weather conditions.
• Potential exposure to high noise or unusual light levels.
• Ability to work on studio lighting fixtures on a ladder – higher than 10 ft.
• Work schedule will vary due to production/operation demands, or possible permanent schedule changes.
• Work assignments will at times include morning, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Regular and reasonable work attendance required. Consistent tardiness will not be tolerated.
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj9o92-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.