WTVG is located in Northwestern Ohio. Our viewers and customers are extremely friendly and down-to-earth. We are a region of proud automotive workers home to Chrysler and GM plants. We are extremely passionate about our collegiate sports teams, including The Ohio State University Buckeyes, the University of Michigan Wolverines, the University of Toledo Rockets and the Bowling Green University Falcons.
We enjoy all four seasons and the activities that come with each. Nature is always a short distance away, with many surrounding parks and Lake Erie for recreation. The roller coaster capital of the world, Cedar Point, is just a short drive from the television station. We have two minor league sports teams. The Toledo Mud Hens have a rich baseball history and loyal following. Not to be outdone are the fans of our hockey team, the Toledo Walleye. We also love our food. There are many outstanding restaurants and local festivals throughout the year.
Since 1948, generations of families have grown up counting on WTVG to be a window to their world on-air and now digitally. Our people, on-air and behind the scenes, are trusted friends and neighbors in the community. There is a culture within our walls that recognizes the responsibility we carry, to continue what was started seventy years ago. We take pride in our ratings, our content, our status, and the need to maintain the work ethic that got us to where we are.
There has always been a family atmosphere at WTVG. We care about each other, and know that we are stronger as one team than as many individuals. We take our jobs seriously, and know that we can be successful and have fun at the same time.
The #1 News station in Toledo is looking for a unique MMJ with a passion for videography! WTVG in Toledo wins with urgent live shots, only on stories, and great storytelling every day. Videography will be the top priority for this position, including shooting daily live shots. In addition, this MMJ could report from behind the camera, describing the scene while shooting breaking news or live events. With training, this MMJ may grow into a regular on-camera reporter.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Pitch stories daily in editorial meetings. These should be researched stories and angles presented.
- Develop sources and connections to help with newsgathering and storytelling.
- Shoot, write and edit stories during assigned shift. Perform live shots on-air.
- Use social media platforms effectively to promote stories and engagement.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Must arrive to work on time, complete scheduled shifts as assigned.
- Ability to lift and carry equipment including tripod, camera and lights.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must have a valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Must be willing to work weekends, nights or any given shift.
- Candidates should also exhibit a good work ethic, strong people skills, the ability to be a team player and must maintain a professional attitude at all times.
- Must be able to work daily in the newsroom setting.
- Must be willing to be a team player which could include shooting stories for co-workers.
Interested applicants can go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb8yox-44-200-30-73-42 in your application.