About Raycom Sports:
Charlotte, N.C. based Raycom Sports is a leader for compelling storytelling, production and content distribution across all platforms. With an award-winning production team, Raycom Sports creates original feature programming, produces RSN College Football & Basketball and manages the Atlantic Coast Conference's archival footage, mobile applications, social media and the official ACC website.
The Media and Transmission Manager is responsible for overseeing & managing various aspects of Raycom Sports' Production & Technical Operations, including transmission, media and content ingest and delivery, quality control, equipment installation, maintenance & repair as well as managing technical & operations personnel. The position is Charlotte, NC based.
Duties and responsibilities include (but not limited to):
* Manage and coordinate Satellite, Fiber & IP Transmission & Distribution, including file transfers
* Manage all transmission operations. Including but not limited to scheduling, billing, vendor relationships, Fiber, Streaming, Satellite, Phone, HSIP, Teleport, Uplink Trucks, closed captioning and Staffing
* Create and manage master transmission schedule
* Negotiate rates for Satellite, Fiber, Phones, IP transmission, Uplink facility Services, and Equipment
* Manage all forms of media ingest and delivery from Tape, Satellite, Cable, IP streams, and file-based media
* Manage, use, troubleshoot, and maintain media ingest workflow and equipment including AVID Fastserves, PIVOT AVID Capture scheduling program, Interplay and DIVA software, SONY ODA and other hardware and software
* Oversee Media File organization and maintenance
* Assist Engineering Team on transmission, production set up, Equipment installation and Maintenance
* Assist in Departmental Budgeting Process
* Develop standard operating procedures and processes for media transmission and transfer
* Research and recommend new equipment and technologies to improve the accuracy and efficiency of production operations
* Administration and coordination of equipment maintenance
* Manage special projects as assigned
* Flexible work schedule including working days, evenings, weekends, holidays, and emergency on call
* Travel required both regionally and nationally
* Percent of travel required: 15%
Supervisory Responsibilities -
Directly supervises employees in the engineering department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or 4+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in broadcast engineering and/or remote production engineering experience.
Certifications and licenses: Current valid driver's license and good driving record required.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: Proficient on Company-provided hardware and software. Proficient is broadcast and production hardware and software. Working Knowledge of IT Processes including Network Security, Workflow and Network Management. Core system knowledge AVID, DIVA, Evertz, Sony ODA, Signiant, Video Encoding and other broadcast and streaming systems.
Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to live up to physically demanding activities of this ''broadcast and engineering'' type of position.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0z4j1-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.