WECT News has been where News Comes First in Southeastern North Carolina for over 65 years. We're a dual station broadcasting on NBC (WECT) and Fox (WSFX-Fox Wilmington). We're in the rapidly growing Wilmington DMA (127), serving New Hanover, Brunswick, Columbus, Pender, and Bladen counties that make up the beautiful coastal Cape Fear Region. WECT is the most accessible local news outlet in our market, with wect.com, mobile, and streaming platforms. WECT is the dominant #1 station in the market.
WECT News is ready to welcome a driven Marketing Producer to our award-winning team. You will work closely with the Marketing Director to produce daily news teases, investigative, special report, image, and proof of performance campaigns on broadcast, digital, and social platforms. Promotion for our syndicated and network properties will be a part of your daily workflow. Top candidates will be skilled at writing, editing, cinematography, and design. Must be organized and ready to work in a fast-paced environment.
Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud, primarily Premiere Pro, After Effects and Photoshop
- Knowledge of production lighting techniques
- Proficient with camera gear
- Must have strong organizational skills and be skilled at presenting ideas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A four-year college degree is required or equivalent professional experience
- Must be self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously, both independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Time-management skills and day-to-day project flexibility are required, along with a sense of urgency to deliver projects under tight deadlines
-Social media marketing experience is a plus
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx769j-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.