WVUE- FOX 8 in New Orleans is the #1 rated News station in the competitive New Orleans Market. FOX 8 is committed to providing in-depth investigative stories that affect change, hold the powerful accountable, and shine a light on public corruption. FOX 8 recognizes the responsibility of keeping the viewing public safe and informed about the world around them delivering all the news, information and entertainment viewers want and need to know. With this mission in mind, FOX 8 is committed to serving as the Weather Authority for Southeast Louisiana and Southwest Mississippi and continues to lead in the field of investigative journalism. Fox 8 is committed to innovation and continued evolution in the use of existing technology producing roughly 60 hours of news and locally originated programming per week. With a station based in Mid-City New Orleans, WVUE employees work, live and play in one of the nation's most vibrant and unique cities.
The Marketing Producer is an individual contributor with a diverse skillset allowing for adaptation to the project, whether it be broadcast or digital, news promotion or commercial client-driven. Incumbents are visual storytellers with strong skills in writing, cinematography, and editing. This position interacts with a creative team as well as a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborate with the Marketing Director to conceptualize and create content that will help expand our rapidly-growing broadcast and digital media presence.
• Independently writes, shoots, edits, and produces promotional video and multiplatform advertising
• Edits all own video needed for their work using our editing software on a desktop computer, including but not limited to Adobe Premier, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects.
• Creates posts for social media and provides content for web at the request of a digital content producer or another manager, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
Audience Development -
• Produce breakthrough advertising that advances the station's brand position and grows audience on all platforms.
Revenue Generation -
• Provide creative consultation, marketing expertise and customer service for Sales clients and initiatives to ensure their investments with the station deliver agreed upon value.
• Works closely with station sales employees and clients to conceptualize, write, shoot, and edit promos
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Film/Video or other related field preferred.
• Must provide creative reel demonstrating advanced knowledge of video production, especially Adobe Creative Suite software.
• Previous professional experience or internship work in a creative environment, digital, or broadcast business preferred.
• Experience with Facebook/Instagram/Twitter, Google Analytics, Crowdtangle and Web CMS Frankly and/or Wordpress preferred
• Must be able to adapt and to adopt any new changes in the workplace that include things like new technology.
• Must be able to drive to meet with local clients and must possess a valid driver's license.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0wvmm-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.