Graphic & Motion Artist
LEAD DESIGNER (REMOTE/USA) - TECH
About the Gray Design Group:
The Gray Design Group serves as the graphics and creative hub for Gray Television's group of 113 television markets. We conceptualize and produce full on-air graphics packages, special projects, logo design, CG playback templates and more.
The Lead Designer is responsible for designing motion graphics graphics, logos and animations for news and creative services, as well as some print design. Works with Creative Director and Design Director to oversee the group's visual brand as well as create graphics and animations for image and special report promotion. This is a ''remote'' position.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Design and implement graphics for on air, streaming and print
• Utilize existing graphic templates to create new elements
• Produce motion graphics animations, logos and special projects for stations across the group
• Work closely with creative services teams to provide toolkits for on air promos
• Assist in making critical design decisions (fonts, colors, etc.) for large graphics packages
• Develop and propose changes to existing designs
• Manage design revisions and approvals
• Responsible for handling multiple projects and assignments with targeted deadlines
• Strong understanding of current design principles
• You must be resourceful and inventive, eager to partner with fellow creatives and non-creatives alike
• Highly experienced at creating motion graphics in Adobe After Effects
• Experience using Maxon Cinema 4D
• Vizrt, Chyron Prime or Ross Xpression experience a huge plus!
• Strong design, illustration and typographic skills
• Proficient videography and lighting skills
• Basic video editing skills using Adobe Premiere
• Knowledge television broadcast station workflows
• Copywriting skills helpful
• Ability to collaborate and brainstorm with a team as well as work independently
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple projects
• Work well with staff and station personnel
• Self-motivated and accustom to a remote work environment
• To be considered you must have an online portfolio
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxy26q-3-238-136-36-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.