Full Time Job
Director / Master Control Op.
- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionDirector / Master Control Op. - WECT
DIRECTOR/MASTER CONTROL OP. (F/T) - WECT
WECT was the first station in the Wilmington, NC DMA signing on in 1954 and is an NBC affiliate. WECT is a market leader in local news and quality programming. Wilmington, NC is located within minutes of the Atlantic Ocean and is a vibrant, growing city. Watersports and outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy an abundance of activities. The downtown and riverfront area of Wilmington is rich in history.
The Director/Master Control Operator has the general responsibility for directing live or pre-recorded productions as assigned, monitoring WECT's on-air signals, transmitter, and FCC logs, and ingesting daily programming and commercials. Regular assignments will involve desktop video editing, directing specific newscasts, misc. station productions, and various elements for digital platforms.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Direct live and pre-recorded productions as assigned for WECT
• Occasional operation of Edius editing software
• Work with AP ENPS, newsroom computer system
• Understanding of all equipment in studios and production areas
• Dedication to care of equipment
• Work closely with all other departments to meet all daily demands
• Training of new personnel as assigned
• Assist in maintaining clean studios and production areas
• Variable work schedule due to changing shifts, turnover, station projects, etc.
• Other Duties as Assigned
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Film Mass Communication or related field preferred
• 1 year of experience in journalism, production, media or related fields
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize complex tasks
• Ability to communicate effectively - written and verbal
• Strong organizational skills
• Understanding of FCC broadcast regulations
• Newscast Directing/Master Control/Production assistance experience.
• Working knowledge of production/master control automation and playout automation software preferred
• Ability to work shifts of at least 8 hours, and occasionally longer, 5 days per week
• Sitting or standing for long periods of time
• Ability to carry moderately heavy equipment, up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to use a computer for tasks such as communicating via email, preparing reports, executing automation, and editing video
• Potential exposure to high noise and unusual light levels
• Ability to work on lighting fixtures while on a ladder
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-revb35-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.