Sales Talent Acquisition Specialist
Remote / Virtual
DESIGN DEVELOPER (REMOTE/USA) - TECH (Gray Media Group)
About Gray Design Group:
The Gray Design Group serves as the graphics hub for Gray Television's group of 113 television markets. We conceptualize and produce full on-air graphics packages, special projects, logo design, CG playback templates and more. A positive, creative environment, with all of the graphics staff on our team working remote.
The Design Developer is responsible for building advanced motion graphics and templates within the Vizrt platform, Adobe After Effects, or Photoshop graphics for distribution across the Gray TV stations. We need someone who pushes the software's capabilities with advanced functions and techniques.
As a Design Developer in the Gray Design Group, you are proficient with Adobe After Effects and the Vizrt platform, you have a solid broadcasting background, excellent creative design foundations, and control room automation experience working with newsrooms. You will be responsible for creating Vizrt transition logic show packages and the corresponding templates allowing for real-time content creation. These templates require scripting to allow for full functionality and take into account best UX design practices.
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Script scenes and templates
• Troubleshoot issues with stations
• Deploy graphics and train station on templates to ensure clean and successful launches of new graphics packages
• Produce After Effects-only graphics packages and animations
• Work closely with Creative Director & Lead Designer to create and refine design concepts
• A demonstrated proficiency in Vizrt in a broadcast television environment.
• Strong understanding of current design principles
• Excellence in problem-solving and balancing quick turnaround with long-term quality
• You must be resourceful and inventive, eager to partner with fellow creatives and non-creatives alike
• Experience in creating motion graphics in Adobe After Effects
• Experience using Maxon Cinema 4D a plus
• Experience in Chyron Prime, a huge plus
• Strong design, illustration, and typographic skills
• Knowledge of television broadcast station workflows
• Ability to collaborate and brainstorm with a team as well as work independently
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple projects
• Self-motivated and accustomed to a permanently-remote work environment
• To be considered you must have an online portfolio showing design work
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, and references
, upload your resume, and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
Gray Media Group/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6jvoq-18-205-26-39-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.