The Director, Production Finance will be responsible for assisting the SVP, Production Finance in the day-to-day operations of FX production finance department, providing financial oversight throughout the life-cycle of production, from Development through Post Production. In this role, you must be extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of complex multinational episodic television content. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with a variety of Episodic TV (both foreign and domestic), oversight in managing production incentives, multiple currencies, and the hiring and management of accounting teams in the field. The Director, Production Finance must also be familiar with and accustomed to working in an environment with high levels of secrecy and confidentiality, plus be able to provide quick and accurate analysis.
• Work with SVP, Production Finance to source, vet and hire location production accounting teams for FXP projects
• Oversee all phases of production accounting on multiple FX shows from pre-production through wrap.
• Provide consulting services for field production accountants on a daily basis by identifying and address any problem area, ensuring accurate and timely cost reporting, and answer questions presented to the Studio
• Review various iterations of budgets, and Cost Report EFC's for accuracy, providing coverage of concerns to the SVP, Production Finance, Production Executives and Business Affairs
• Drive innovative solutions for internal controls and financial reporting processes
• Manages compliance for:
• Established production finance policy and procedure
• Disney corporate policies
• Guild audits
• Continually evaluates and update policy and procedure based on necessary compliance, audit review, and periodic changes in the location environment(s)
• Mentor and educate analysts on various aspects of production finance
• Provides support to SVP, Production Finance on special projects, as required
• Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting with a minimum of 7 years of production accounting experience with 5 years in a supervisory capacity or equivalent
• Five plus years of experience in Television production accounting desired
• Highly collaborative and with strong interpersonal and project management skills
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to think strategically, solve problems, and implement solutions
• Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills and proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (word, excel, etc.) Production Accounting Software (PSL and Global Vista)
• SAP knowledge/skills a plus
• Diplomacy, discretion, confidentiality, versatility, and reliability are critical
• Must be flexible with the ability to multitask and work well as part of a team
• B.A. or degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
This position is with FX Networks, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call FX Networks.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw86n2-3-235-184-215-42 in your application.