Software Engineer - Funimation (Data Engineer)
If it's anime, it's Funimation.
As the market leader in anime, we proudly deliver incredible fan experiences across television, feature films, events, collectibles, and the Funimation App.
Headquartered in the US and connected by our global network, we're an anime-obsessed crew of media, tech, gaming and entertainment experts. As one of 400+ team members serving more than 49 countries and 10 languages, you'll play a key role in a worldwide community where fans and their passion will always have a place to belong.
Funimation is an independently-operated joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan's Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc. Visit funimation.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Funimation is looking for a self-motivated Backend Engineer to join our Consumer technology team. We are looking for an intrepid problem-solver to dive into this space and help build world class service and APIs used by millions of people across the world.
You will work alongside product management, design, and marketing to build solutions fans love. You will be responsible for technical designs and developing solutions to create innovative backend features and solve technical problems.
The ideal candidate will have experience developing services in a microservice/event driven architecture.
The core responsibilities of this position include:
• Strong understanding of data pipelining and data integration patterns.
• Expertise with Python 3 - familiarity with common Python libraries like Flask, Pandas, NumPy, etc.
• Industry experience with C#, Typescript.
• Knowledge of and ability to work with Mulesoft.
• Excellent knowledge and expertise with SQL and Relational Databases.
• Hands-on experience in creating data pipelines within AWS using AWS Lambda Functions, Step Functions, DataPipeline, Glue, SNS, SQS.
• Review existing data integrations and improve or make recommendations for improvement.
• Stay current on the latest infrastructure and service technologies and frameworks.
• Work with other backend engineering team members ensuring your work adheres to industry standards and internally defined best practices.
The minimum qualifications & requirements for this position include:
• Minimum 3 years of building data pipelines.
• Knowledge and familiarity with designing and developing data pipelines and integration projects using modern Frameworks and AWS components
• Knowledge and familiarity with using CI/CD
• Knowledge and familiarity with writing unit and integration tests
• Knowledge of developing data pipelines, APIs and data integrations using C#, Python.
• Knowledge of building back end services is a plus
• Knowledge of building RESTful APIs using C#, Python.
• Familiarity and working experience with agile development methodologies
• Familiarity with Git branching and source code control
• Excellent communication skills and being able to work independently or in a full team
• Demonstrated ability to document code as needed
Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and ongoing employee development.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbn97k-3-231-230-177-42 in your application.