Senior Software Engineer (Catalog) - Funimation
If it's anime, it's Funimation.
As the market leader in anime, we proudly deliver incredible fan experiences across television, feature films, events, collectibles and the Funimation App.
Headquartered in the US and connected by our global network, we're an anime-obsessed crew of media, tech, gaming and entertainment experts. As one of 400+ team members serving more than 49 countries and 10 languages, you'll play a key role in a worldwide community where fans and their passion will always have a place to belong.
Funimation is an independently-operated joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan's Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc. Visit funimation.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Funimation is looking for a self-motivated Senior Software Engineer to join our Consumer technology team. We are looking for an intrepid problem-solver to dive into an ambiguous problem space and design and deliver innovative software solutions, and to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
You will work alongside product management, design, and marketing to define and build solutions fans love. You will be responsible for architecting and developing cutting edge technologies. This senior engineer will work with other engineers and other leaders to solve difficult technical problems.
The ideal candidate will have an established background developing service architectures. This person must also be a strong leader and an excellent communicator who can articulate technical design tradeoffs with senior technical leaders.
The core responsibilities of this position include:
• Working closely with software engineers and other engineering managers to architect, develop and deliver the best solutions.
• Design and build scalable and distributed systems, making architectural trade-offs, review code, and deliver with speed and quality.
• Contribute to building scalable, high-performing tech infrastructure
• Collaborating with Product and Program Managers to develop a long-term roadmap with achievable estimates; ensuring software engineering priorities are included within the roadmap.
• Provide expertise for services you own in all matters related to deployment, building and release process.
• Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives where needed.
• May serve as architect or project lead in course of large or complex project.
• Mentor more junior engineers and help them grow by providing positive and constructive feedback
• Help shape a cultural high bar for security, performance, reliability, and maintainability of software
• Likes working at a fast pace, is self-directed, and able to manage multiple concurrent competing challenges, issues and priorities
The minimum qualifications & requirements for this position include:
• 7+ Years of experience in software development.
• The candidate must have exceptional technical skills with implementation as well as architecture and integration.
• Good understanding of architecture and design patterns
• Good understanding of platform interoperability strategies, risks and challenges
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
• Expert knowledge of designing and developing web applications and API's using Node.js, or Python technology stack
• Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
• Ability to work with others: You have excellent interpersonal skills. You're a good listener.
• Strong communication skills: You are articulate and persuasive while able to listen and incorporate the perspectives of others.
• Work ethic: You do what it takes to make a launch go well, which involves working with technical operations, product support, product marketing, merchandising, and communicating directly with our community. You are equally comfortable taking personal ownership for a task as delegating it.
• Creativity: You love to solve problems large and small.
• Must have legal right to work in the US
Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and ongoing employee development.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkkzoq-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.