Director Of Product Management, SVOD
Culver City, CA
Senior Product Manager Identity & Compliance
If it's anime, it's Funimation.
As the market leader in anime, we proudly deliver incredible fan experiences across television, feature films, events, collectibles,and the Funimation App.
Headquartered in the US and connected by our global network, we're an anime-obsessed crew of media, tech, gaming and entertainment experts. As one of 400+ team members serving more than 49 countries and 10 languages, you'll play a key role in a worldwide community where fans and their passion will always have a place to belong.
Funimation is an independently-operated joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan's Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc. Visit funimation.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Funimation is looking for a Sr. Product Manager - Identity to join our Product & Engineering team. This position plays a key role in developing and evolving the strategic direction customer Identity and access management of our streaming platform.
Critical to growth is Funimation's ability to drive smart product decisions based on analytics, market awareness, and competitive analysis. You will guide product decisions, on short and long-term feature and content strategy, and will bring strategic focus and business acumen to the team. You must be passionate about, and represent the voice and needs of, our fans as well as our internal teams and stakeholders. You will capture and analyze business requirements, with an eye towards media & entertainment industry trends, and translate that knowledge into solutions that deliver meaningful experiences to our fans.
The core responsibilities of this position include:
• Define, implement, and evolve the strategic direction and roadmap for Funimation's customer Identity & access Management services.
• Be responsible for guiding the implementation of customer account and profile unification across multiple brand apps.
• Work with Architecture and Engineering teams to guide the detailed design and build the unified customer identity and authentication services
• Champion the improvement of customer access management for various apps
• Good understanding of various National & International guidelines for customer information & privacy laws ( ex. CCPA, GDPR, LGPD)
• Develop and implement product strategies consistent with the company vision.
• Conduct data-driven competitive analysis and industry research to identify gaps and opportunities that will further inform the product roadmap.
• Keep on top of industry trends and technologies and be prepared to apply them quickly.
• Be an advocate for simplicity, style, usability and represent the voice of the customer in every product discussion.
• Work with cross-functional teams to identify business problems, and construct high-level product epics, features and user stories features.
• Conduct regular ideation and specification sessions to ensure alignment of stakeholders across departments, business lines, and partner organizations.
• Integrate usability studies, user research, A/B testing, analytics and market analysis into product requirements to ensure products satisfy customer needs.
• Author detailed product briefs explaining the why and the what for a given initiative.
• Deliver crisp product requirements - that are easily understood by technical and non-technical audiences.
• Write stories and acceptance criteria, that bring your product strategy to life, collaborating with: Engineering, Marketing, Analytics, and UX/UI.
• Act as the main point of contact for product questions, issues, and feedback.
• Groom platform product backlog as needed in addressing delivery impediments or product quality issues.
• Work with release team to ensure final products are built to the product specification and UI/UX specifications.
• Provide assistance for customer escalations to quickly resolve customer satisfaction issues.
• Define hypotheses for new features and set clearly defined goals and metrics.
• Review product performance against KPIs, test and make feature improvements.
The minimum qualifications & requirements for this position include:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant experience.
• Experience: Must have 5-7 years' experience shipping products and features for a high-quality streaming service or consumer technology company.
• Experience with Identity and Access Management and Identity Governance capabilities preferred
• Excellent product judgment: You have excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound judgments based on tradeoffs of different solutions, complex problems, various stakeholders, and many constraints. You have an in-depth understanding of what makes a user experience good or bad, and strong intuition for what the customer wants to do.
• Incredible attention to detail: You easily recognize aesthetic and functional details and can make pragmatic decisions about what details are actually important.
• Customer advocacy: You are passionate about and care deeply for the consumer/fan.
• Analytical Skills: You have experience using data analytics (user testing, data analysis, and multivariate testing) to measure the performance of a solution.
• Ability to work with others: You have excellent interpersonal skills. You're a good listener. You place the success of the company and product ahead of any particular idea. You have experience working with engineers.
• Strong communication skills: You are articulate and persuasive while able to listen and incorporate the perspectives of others.
• Work ethic: You do what it takes to make a launch go well, which involves working with technical operations, product support, product marketing, merchandising, and communicating directly with our community. You are equally comfortable taking personal ownership for a task as delegating it.
• Creativity: You love to solve problems large and small.
• Must have legal right to work in the US
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0y91j-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.