Paid Search Manager
Culver City, CA
Senior Manager, Influencer Marketing - Funimation
If it's anime, it's Funimation.
As the market leader in anime, we proudly deliver incredible fan experiences across television, feature films, events, collectibles, and the Funimation App.
Headquartered in the US and connected by our global network, we're an anime-obsessed crew of media, tech, gaming and entertainment experts. As one of 400+ team members serving more than 49 countries and 10 languages, you'll play a key role in a worldwide community where fans and their passion will always have a place to belong.
Funimation is an independently-operated joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan's Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc. Visit funimation.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Funimation is looking for an experienced strategic influencer marketing leader to join the Audience Development team in the role of Sr. Influencer Marketing Manager. You'll be responsible for shaping our influencer marketing program by carrying out our fan-centric mission to deliver creator-first strategies that support the Funimation brand and our licensed franchises, and ensuring that our anime, cosplay, streamer/gamer, celebrity, athlete, music, and geek culture communities are engaged and thriving.
In this position, you'll build a more personal relationship with our fans while serving as a tireless advocate for content creators and influencers and simultaneously possessing the business acumen to meet business goals with exceptional programs and executions. You live and breathe anime, and the culture surrounding it.
• Develop and deploy global influencer marketing in partnership with key internal teams (Brand, Partnerships, PR, Legal, Experiential, Production), global partners, and Japanese licensors
• Work closely with marketing and affiliate teams to support the development of ambassador/creator/influencer strategies within channel plans as a creative and resonant way to drive scale, amplify a brand story, educate and inspire consumers, while improving social sentiment, recognition, and driving growth
• Concept and socialize groundbreaking awareness and performance-based campaigns with global, multi-franchise impact
• Lead contract negotiations with talent management, and work closely with Funimation legal teams to ensure agreements are completed in a timely manner
• Develop and maintain a consistent influencer marketing scorecard, bringing net new influencers and their audiences into the Funimation ecosystem, including continuously identifying new influencers/talent while deepening existing relationships and building brand loyalty
• Analyze and report on campaign performance and industry trends to drive continuous improvement, optimization, and innovation; track success based on EMV, ROI, CPE, IMP, Reach among other metrics like CAC, CPFTS, and promo code redemptions
• Manage relationships with top-tier content creators and their representation; own communication with networks, agencies, legal and vendors
• Build strong partnerships with services such as TikTok, Twitch, YouTube, and Mixer
• Source talent involvement for marketing content and events. Must be able to work up and scale down, able to assist in the entire campaign management process, from talent negotiation to briefing to campaign creation to content review to execution, across multiple platforms including Instagram, TikTok, Twitch, YouTube, podcasts, and more
• Develop and execute a framework for distribution of influencer content across paid, owned and earned outlets to yield sufficient levels of exposure to desired audiences, quality engagements, and footprint growth
• Ensure activations are on target for both viewers and other creators
• Ensure all leveraged talent is on-brand and is brand safe
To measure success in this role, the work you produce will:
• Track, measure and analyze performance across all campaigns and make strategic optimizations to achieve and exceed brand and growth KPIs
• Contribute to the significant growth of Funimation's owned digital/social footprint
• Increase traffic to Funimation.com and natural search index ranking
• Increase fan/customer sentiment and engagement/Content Response Score
• Grow streaming viewership and subscriptions
• Measure all influencer campaigns through cost per performance metrics, earned media value, competitive analysis, and content performance
• Ensure all influencer marketing campaigns are delivered on-time, on-strategy, and on-budget
• Contribute to the growth and development of direct reports (when appropriate)
• Foster a collaborative cross-functional culture
• 6+ years' experience leading (global) influencer marketing for a consumer/entertainment/gaming brand
• Deep knowledge of the anime landscape and a strong understanding of the influencer, creator, and gaming community landscape
• Strong command of the social media landscape across Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok, Snapchat, Reddit, Twitter, and Twitch -- You can clearly articulate what creator and content belongs on what channel and why
• Be an expert on the latest social media and influencer trends and tools, providing recommendations on new channels to test and develop new ways of partnering with influencers
• Demonstrate experience developing business cases and ROI analyses that secure additional marketing investment for influencer marketing activities
• Understand digital marketing and how influencer marketing fits
• Required Education: BS strongly preferred, i deally with background in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, PR, Film/TV, or related field
• Dependability, follow-through, strong attention to detail, and the ability to handle extensive multi-tasking and meeting multiple deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to forge positive relationships
• Extremely well-organized and detail oriented
• Business acumen, and understanding of how to present yourself in business situations
• Thrives in a high-energy, fast-paced, collaborative environment, is a flexible individual, creative thinker, and problem solver, accustomed to working in teams
• Ability to take and provide direction
• A passion for the anime, geek/pop culture lifestyle and fandom communities
• Strong sense of internet culture and trends in content and storytelling
About the Funimation Audience Development Team
The Audience Development team creates hyper-relevance with the anime community that fosters positive engagement, empowers its diverse fandom and elevates its unique voices. We are responsible for piloting emerging and innovative ideas through community engagement, social media strategy, influencer marketing, editorial programming, and content marketing campaigns that support the company's omni-channel business.
Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with a generous company match, ongoing employee development.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8mn8-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.