Senior Devops / Cloud Developer
Culver City, CA
Senior Manager, Analytics - Funimation
We are looking for a hands-on Sr. Manager, Analytics with a passion for understanding data, tracking business trends, and storytelling to join the Center for Data and Insights team. This position will report to the VP, Business Intelligence & Analytics, and will work closely with data engineers and analysts to serve the business teams. This role will also partner with leads from Marketing, Product, Content, Commerce, and Finance departments to investigate data trends, build business insights, and recommend proactive measures to enable better business decisions every day. The right person for this role is a service-minded, empathetic problem-solver who will be energized by the opportunity to build a centralized insights service team from the ground-up.
• Work directly with business users to develop relationships, discuss trends, and manage stakeholder expectations with respect to analytics-related tasks.
• Partner with cross-functional teams to design analytics and reporting tools that will be instrumental to distribute certified dashboards and presentations.
• Connect ideas into cohesive, well-grounded recommendations, using creative, structured, and analytical thinking with the help of effective data visualization
• Work with offshore and onsite teams and own the sprint planning/management
• Coach and mentor teammates as well as internal stakeholders to maximize the capabilities available via centralized BI and analytics tools.
• Maintain a culture of high-quality output and exceptional customer service by effectively communicating at all levels, ensuring that work gets done, and responding effectively to unexpected obstacles
• Work with large, complex databases, OLAP engines, data warehouses, and data lakes using SQL or SQL-like interfaces
• Champion the process of building weekly insight decks for the leadership team by collaborating effectively across teams, documenting the impact of strategic initiatives on key metrics, and tracking the progress towards company goals.
• 7+ years of experience with data analysis, advanced analytics, statistics, experimentation, and optimization
• Minimum of 3+ years of experience with data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, etc.
• Fluency in data analysis, including defining KPIs, statistical and predictive modeling concepts, descriptive statistics, and experimental design
• Experience in Web and Behavioral analytics tools like Google Analytics, MixPanel, Amplitude, etc.
• Strong SQL skills, and familiarity with building/ reviewing data science models using Python/R
• Experience with Cloud data warehouses like Redshift, Snowflake, etc.
• Experience working with large data sets (Terabytes of data/ billions of records).
• Ability to work well with others: You have excellent interpersonal skills. You're a good listener. You place the success of the company ahead of any particular idea. Proven ability to work across a matrixed organization
• Highly articulate and an excellent communicator, with strong influencing skills and the ability to tell stories about complex data patterns
• BS in Statistics, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
• Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with a generous company match, ongoing employee development.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.