Senior Accountant - Funimation
Funimation is looking for a talented and motivated Senior Accountant to join our team. This role will oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. Summary of responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing journal entries and maintaining Accounting procedures. The Senior Accountant will also be tasked with continuous improvements of processes and procedures to improve efficiency.
A successful Senior Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports. The selected candidate will be hard-working, independent, and a quick learner.
• Prepare journal entries for assigned areas such as cash, intercompany transactions, fixed assets, payroll, prepaid, leases and P&L activity
• Assist in preparing the P&L financial statement variance analytics
• Assist in preparing the Balance Sheet variance analytics
• Research account variances on Balance Sheet and P&L for management reporting
• Prepare monthly Balance Sheet and Bank account reconciliations
• Prepare SOX and Audit reporting
• Work closely with other divisions for intercompany confirmation and settlement
• A/P and A/R processing for significant contracts
• Ad hoc analysis and reporting for Financial Accounting management
• Work with FGG Finance to ensure consistent reporting
• Work with various departments to discuss monthly expense analysis, including billbacks
• Verify compliance with company policies and procedures
• Demonstrate understanding of internal controls to ensure SOX compliance
• Perform UTA testing and assist in system implementation efforts
• Drive process improvement by identifying solutions to issues identified as part of the After Action Review process
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
• 3-5 years of relevant experience
• In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Awareness of business trends
• Familiarity analyzing financial accounting statements
• Experience with general ledger functions, heavy month-end/year-end close process and operational accounting (A/P, A/R).
• Hands-on experience with SaaS ERP systems like NetSuite or other large ERP system
• Advanced MS Excel skills and data mining tools
• Accuracy, attention to detail and ability to work independently
• Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
• Experience in Entertainment Industry
• Experience in public accounting
• CPA or CPA candidate
Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with a generous company match, ongoing employee development.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios