Program Manager (web) - Funimation
If it's anime, it's Funimation.
As the market leader in anime, we proudly deliver incredible fan experiences across television, feature films, events, collectibles, and the Funimation App.
Headquartered in the US and connected by our global network, we're an anime-obsessed crew of media, tech, gaming and entertainment experts. As one of 400+ team members serving more than 49 countries and 10 languages, you'll play a key role in a worldwide community where fans and their passion will always have a place to belong.
Funimation is an independently-operated joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan's Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc. Visit funimation.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
We are a dynamic and growing company seeking a talented and motivated Program Manager to join our team.
As Program Manager, the candidate is responsible for one or more cross-functional initiatives and aids in identifying, evaluating, and developing methods and procedures that are efficient, effective, and meet good business practice. The candidate maintains excellent communication with all levels of management both within and across the organization to ensure smooth operation of all projects undertaken by the team. The candidate is extremely detail-oriented, obsessing over all facets of his/her program; both large and small. The candidate is, and is viewed by others, as the subject matter expert for all initiatives he/she manages and will have a proven ability to successfully work in an environment that fosters collaboration. The ideal candidate has experience running software delivery projects, particularly with a focus on client applications.
• Manages one or more cross-functional initiatives
• Oversees the day-to-day progress of project and release initiatives with regard to schedule, scope, and process
• Leads program reviews and effectively communicates regular updates to all stakeholders on all the initiatives managed
• Builds and leverages effective alliances across technical and business community
• Partners with internal and external stakeholders to ensure their needs for the program are met
• Serves as a key liaison with the rest of the functional groups to facilitate planning and collaboration between teams
• Creates appropriate and standardized documentation for all programs to track key program milestones, risks and comprehensive project plans
• As Scrum Master, facilitates and leads agile ceremonies for one or more teams, including, but not limited to: daily standups, planning, grooming, demos and retrospectives
• Harnesses the metrics coming from the team and product owner(s) to help the team improve its own throughput and inform stakeholders about how the team is performing
• Effectively demonstrates the ability to use an enterprise project management tool to drive a consistent and accurate process for executing projects, delivering status, managing capacity, and tracking programs
• 3-5 years experience as a project or program manager managing software delivery projects
• BS degree or equivalent experience required, MS degree preferred; technical discipline a plus
• Scrum Master Certification preferred, SAFe Certification a plus
• Strong interpersonal management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience leading cross-disciplinary, cross-functional projects to drive business process change affecting multiple business units
• Must be self-motivating, self-sufficient and have the strong ability to work effectively as an individual or as part of a team
• Process-oriented, good at identifying and implementing best practices, and very organized
• Flexible and adaptable when dealing with change with a strong awareness of cultural diversity
• Experience with both agile and waterfall methodologies, and knowing when to apply each, preferred
• Experience with tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheet and Google Suite, a plus
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm53m6-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.