Senior Software Engineer
Culver City, CA
Principal BI Engineer - Funimation
We are looking for a Principal Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer with a passion for understanding data, developing dashboards, and designing analytics systems to join the Center for Data and Insights team. This position will report to the VP, BI & Analytics, and will work closely with the data engineers and analysts to manage the BI platform. The Principle BI engineer will also work with leads from Marketing, Product, Content, Commerce, and Finance departments to design and build centralized systems of intelligence. The right person for this role will be a self-starter and will be energized by the opportunity to build the BI function from the ground-up.
• Work with business users directly to gather requirements, develop solutions, and provide insights using business intelligence platforms like Tableau, SuperSet, Power BI, and Google Analytics.
• Design, build, and maintain Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics implementations to ensure accurate business and data analysis.
• Build and manage existing business intelligence platforms and monitor key metrics.
• Work with large, complex databases, OLAP engines, data warehouses, and data lakes.
• Create and maintain technical documentation and follow Agile methodologies.
• Work with offshore and onsite teams and own sprint planning and management
• Create unit and stress test scripts/modules.
• Write well-abstracted, reusable, and efficient code for retrieving data from any data store.
• 7+ years of experience in BI and analytics software development.
• Experience in building automated low latency executive and departmental dashboards
• Experience in Web and Product analytics tools like Google Analytics, Amplitude, etc.
• Strong scripting, programming, and SQL skills, preferably using Python, Ruby, and ANSI SQL.
• Experience in setting up a self-service Business Intelligence environment using tools like Tableau, Superset, Imply, PowerBI, etc.
• Experience in compute and orchestration technologies and tools like Databricks, Airflow, etc.
• Experience with and understanding of event data collection tools like Snowplow Insights, Segment, Google Tag Manager, mParticle, Tealium, etc.
• Experience with AWS services like Kinesis, Athena, Glue, etc.
• Experience with OLAP engines like Druid, Clickhouse, etc
• Experience with Cloud data warehouses like Redshift, Snowflake, etc.
• Working knowledge of statistical analysis using tools such as R.
• Experience working with large data sets (Terabytes of data/ billions of records).
• Ability to work with others: You have excellent interpersonal skills. You're a good listener. You place the success of the company ahead of any particular idea. Proven ability to work across a matrixed organization
• Highly articulate and an excellent communicator, with strong influencing skills and the ability to communicate well with peers and senior executives, locally and in different regions
• BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
• Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with a generous company match, ongoing employee development.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.