Payroll Specialist - Funimation
If it's anime, it's Funimation. As the market leader in anime, we proudly deliver incredible fan experiences across television, feature films, events, collectibles and the Funimation App.
Headquartered in the US and connected by our global network, we're an anime-obsessed crew of media, tech, gaming and entertainment experts. As one of 400+ team members serving more than 49 countries and 10 languages, you'll play a key role in a worldwide community where fans and their passion will always have a place to belong.
Funimation is an independently-operated joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan's Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc. Visit funimation.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
We are seeking a Payroll Specialist to join the People team at Funimation who is customer-focused, self-motivated and possesses an innate ability to establish strong working relationships at all levels within the organization. The successful candidate must have a high level of learning agility in a fast-paced, tech savvy company (quickly learn, apply, then master), strong project management, superb excel and data management skill sets, problem solving, and a positive attitude.
• Ensure the timeliness and accuracy of bi-weekly, multi-state payroll processing and ad hoc payments via external payroll processor, government and state filings, prepare materials for internal and external auditors
• Ensure the proper taxation of employer paid benefits
• Respond to team member and managers when there are payroll inquiries including and not limited to time tracking, LOAs, 401K issues, garnishments, pay details, PTO accruals and tax withholdings in a timely manner
• Investigate and resolve payroll issues and ensure strict compliance with company and regulatory standards
• Verifies payroll data regarding employee life cycle including new hires, promotions, transfers, pay-rate changes and terminations
• Responsible for end-to-end payroll testing
• Partner with Accounting for payroll reconciliation and to resolve any discrepancies during month-end close. Ensure accuracy of account posting rules for all on/off-cycle payments
• Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2, W-2c, etc)
• Respond to employment and income verifications from external sources
• Respond to unemployment compensation verifications
• Assist team members with immigration procedures including and not limited to, applications for immigration and visas. Partner with immigration law firms to coordinate processing and timelines for non-immigrant (e.g., H1-B, L-1, TN) and immigrant visa sponsorship (all stages of the PERM process, I-140 and I-485 filings).
• Prepare reports for People team, finance and senior management
• Provide support and training as needed to team members and managers on time tracking
• Support team with invoices and purchase orders
• Participate with other Payroll related projects, including internal and external Payroll audits
BASIC REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent
• 2+ years of payroll-related experience
• Experience and knowledge of various payroll taxes such as federal and state taxes, supplemental wage taxation
• Knowledge of principles, practices, and techniques used within a HR/Payroll department
• Experience working with payroll software systems or platforms, preferably Workday
• Proficient use of Google applications, and MS Office Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information with great sensitivity
• High self-initiative, roll up your sleeves results-oriented mindset
• Very organized with impeccable attention to detail and strong time management skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; an ability to objectively analyze current practices, identify process improvement opportunities and successfully influence and implement appropriate changes
• Proven ability to adapt and quickly change direction when necessary in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience with Workday Payroll, HCM, and Benefits
• Experience at a Technology company or with another high-growth organization
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0wy0e-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.