Culver City, CA
Manager of FP&A - Funimation
Funimation is looking for a Manager of FP&A who will be an outstanding addition to our Finance organization. You will develop a deep understanding of our customers and business drivers, enabling you to contribute to shaping our growth and strategy. You will play a critical role in providing data-driven analysis to help define long-range plans, budgets, forecasts, and content valuations. This position will have high visibility. Senior leaders lean on the FP&A team to accurately forecast the business as well as lead analysis that is used to inform business decisions. The right person for this role has exceptional analytical skills, is an outstanding communicator, is unafraid to build new processes, and can collaborate across different functions. This role will reside in the Los Angeles office.
• Develop frameworks and maintain long-term company financial modes to inform strategic plan and capital allocation
• Partner with multiple groups (e.g. product, marketing, BD, BI, Ops, and content acquisition) to identify growth drivers and develop ideas into robust business plans.
• Play a key role in analyzing key business drivers, trends, and performance indicators to provide value-added inputs for executive decision making.
• Design, implement and improve processes related to budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting and analysis in our high growth business.
• Collaborate with data and engineering teams to create systems that provide insights for areas of optimization or improvement
• Oversee monthly financial and operational reporting deck for senior management
• Be an integral part of the Finance team and help structure/improve Finance processes
• Self-organize with other groups and spearhead any initiatives that you believe will move the needle
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field
• 4+ years of experience in highly analytical environments (e.g. investment banking, management consulting, FP&A, strategic planning or business development)
• Excellent Excel and financial modeling skills
• Ability to balance long term strategic projects with the tactical day-to-day
• Accuracy, attention to detail and ability to work independently
• Must have legal right to work in the US
• Prior experience at a media/entertainment/tech company
• Knowledge of SQL and visualization tools (i.e. Periscope, Looker, Tableau) a plus
• Anime fan big plus
Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with a generous company match, ongoing employee development.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.