Culver City, CA
Manager, Engineering Development and Operations - Funimation
Funimation is looking for a self-motivated, passionate Development and Operations (DevOps) Engineering Manager to join our Consumer technology team to help scale Funimation's OTT/ SVOD platform. Successful candidate for this role would have worked in engineering organizations creating and supporting CI/CD processes to promote Agile software development, has a strong customer focus, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
The core responsibilities of this position include:
• Design, implement, and administer platform tools to support release of software products with AWS
• Manage, innovate, and create processes, software and tooling that continuously improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency
• Embed efficiency into Solution Architecture and Development practices
• Responsible for building metrics and drive operational excellence.
• Work with teams in creating processes and tools to ensure the software release pipeline flows smoothly, safely, and efficiently.
• Architect enterprise-grade solutions using AWS services.
• Build and manage CI/CD workflows and complex system integration
• Instill and foster DevOps and SRE culture to entire engineering team.
The minimum qualifications & requirements for this position include:
• 10+ Years in areas of engineering operations - Software Release Management, Disaster recovery and Devops)
• 5+ years of experience in DevOps Architecture, cloud provisioning and performance monitoring
• 5+ Experience with containerization (ECS or Kubernetes), Serverless and running Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation)
• Ability to work at all points in the product development pipeline, including being a hands-on contributor
• Experience building and operating scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems.
• Experience with logging and monitoring tools, such as Splunk.
• Strong development experience in one of the following; Python and Java (preferred), PowerShell, Ruby, Bash.
• Working knowledge of databases and system performance.
• Experience growing and building highly effective teams.
• Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.