Lead Analyst, Royalties - Funimation
If it's anime, it's Funimation.
As the market leader in anime, we proudly deliver incredible fan experiences across television, feature films, events, collectibles and the Funimation App.
Headquartered in the US and connected by our global network, we're an anime-obsessed crew of media, tech, gaming and entertainment experts. As one of 400+ team members serving more than 49 countries and 10 languages, you'll play a key role in a worldwide community where fans and their passion will always have a place to belong.
Funimation is an independently-operated joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan's Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc. Visit funimation.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
The Royalties Lead role requires a self-starter who is responsible for assisting the Sr Manager, Royalties in running the day-to-day operations of statement preparation, review, and analysis. This role prepares and reviews complex royalty statements, performs research and analysis, and ensures accuracy and compliance with contractual obligations. The Lead is an important constituent in ongoing initiatives related to rights and royalties system enhancements and testing, knowledge sharing, process improvement, and special projects.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Prepare royalty statements, review underlying transactional activities, research anomalies, and explain variances from the norm
• Coordinate with various internal teams to identify and resolve the root causes of issues to ensure data accuracy
• Ensure all financial obligations of the contractual agreements are met
• Coordinate with AP on billing and payment validation
• Work on data validations and reconciliations for monthly and quarterly close
• Analyze and monitor revenue ingestion into royalty system
• Manage master data mapping
• Manage external inquiries and correspondence with licensors
• Contribute to royalty system development, testing, and implementation
• Drive continuous improvements of processes, documentation, and cross-training
• Support ad-hoc and special projects
WHO YOU ARE
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting or related field
• Minimum 5 years of experience in finance, entertainment, or a related field
• Minimum 2 years of participations, games, or music royalties reporting experience
• Ability to read and understand legal agreements
• Must be very flexible and able to adapt and lead quickly in an environment that is fast-paced and changing rapidly
• Must have the ability to analyze large quantities of data, resolve discrepancies and drive to deliver data-driven answers
• Must be a team player with good interpersonal skills
• Understanding of various streaming business models (AVOD, SVOD), and content distribution platforms and apps (OTT, Mobile, Web, etc.)
• Strong analytical, problem solving, planning, and organizational skills
• Detail-oriented without losing sight of the big picture
• Advanced MS Excel skills
• Have strong competency in working with multiple systems, applications and be willing to learn new IT applications
• Experience with RightsLine
• Experience with system implementations and testing
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality
• Must have legal right to work in the U.S
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5jq2-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.