Software Engineering Manager
Culver City, CA
Data Integration Engineer - Funimation
If it's anime, it's Funimation.
As the market leader in anime, we proudly deliver incredible fan experiences across television, feature films, events, collectibles, and the Funimation App.
Headquartered in the US and connected by our global network, we're an anime-obsessed crew of media, tech, gaming and entertainment experts. As one of 400+ team members serving more than 49 countries and 10 languages, you'll play a key role in a worldwide community where fans and their passion will always have a place to belong.
Funimation is an independently-operated joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan's Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc. Visit funimation.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Funimation is looking for a self-motivated Data Integration Engineer to join our Consumer technology team. We are looking for an intrepid problem-solver to dive into an ambiguous problem space and work on integrating our consumer services with our CDP (Customer Data Platform) and other data platforms, and to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
You will work alongside BI, product management, design, and marketing to define and build solutions that allow the business to gain deep insights into our customer's behaviors. You will be responsible for architecting and developing cutting edge technologies. This engineer will work with other engineers and other leaders to solve difficult technical problems.
The ideal candidate will have an established background implementing events and tags in different platforms while being able to test different configurations. This person must also be an excellent communicator who can articulate technical design tradeoffs with senior technical leaders.
The core responsibilities of this position include:
• Working closely with BI and software engineers to define, and integrate different events and tags across different platforms both backend and frontend.
• Design and build scalable code, making architectural trade-offs, review code, and deliver with speed and quality.
• Collaborating with Product and Program Managers to develop a long-term roadmap with achievable estimates; ensuring data and BI priorities are included within the roadmap.
• Provide expertise for all data integrations and related implementations related to deployment, building and release process.
• Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives where needed.
• May serve as architect or project lead in course of large or complex projects.
• Likes working at a fast pace, is self-directed, and able to manage multiple concurrent competing challenges, issues and priorities
The minimum qualifications & requirements for this position include:
• 4+ Years of experience in software development and integrating data events/tags across different platforms (Web, Mobile, Backend, etc.).
• Familiarity with CDP integration and knowledge of one of GA, Segment, mParticle or Tealium desired.
• Ability to understand where and how to emit user and business events using partner SDKs or calling APIs.
• The candidate must have great technical skills with implementation as well as architecture and integration.
• Good understanding of architecture and design patterns
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
• Ability to work with others: You have great interpersonal skills. You're a good listener.
• Strong communication skills: You are articulate and persuasive while able to listen and incorporate the perspectives of others.
• Work ethic: You do what it takes to make a launch go well, which involves working with technical operations, product support, product marketing, merchandising, and communicating directly with our community. You are equally comfortable taking personal ownership for a task as delegating it.
• Creativity: You love to solve problems large and small.
• Must have legal right to work in the US
Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with a generous company match, ongoing employee development.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4y8k7-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.