Frank Productions is looking for a full-time Local Talent Buyer to join our team in Madison, WI. The ideal candidate will have experience with sales interactions, buying, and fostering community relationships. We are committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and encourage talent from all backgrounds to apply.
Located in Madison, WI, Frank Productions was established in 1964 and is one of the largest concert promotion companies in the United States. We're a full-service concert promotion company involved in every facet of live entertainment events, including talent buying, production, ticketing, marketing, sponsorships, food & beverage operations and merchandising. We produce and promote events in arenas, performing arts centers, theaters, clubs and other venues across the US We operate offices and venues in Madison, WI, Nashville, TN, Columbia, MO, and Charleston, SC.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage and maintain venue calendars
• Contact artist representation for concert availability
• Develop and maintain quality relationships with artists, artist representation, local event curators, and members of the local business and municipal communities
• Build offers and negotiate deal terms with artist/event representation
• Utilize company systems for creation, distribution, maintenance, and tracking of events information
• Be present during the event and settle events as necessary
• Communicate budget allocations, creative direction, and demographics with marketing and venue staff
• Submit local talent for select national concerts and branded events
• All other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Applicable experience with sales interactions and/or buying
• Experience developing and maintaining community relationships is preferred
• Willingness to work unconventional hours as job duties demand
• Ability to solve problems and deal with situations where standardization may not exist
• Ability to use critical reasoning skills and metrics to make informed decisions
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to adapt and be flexible
• Professional and friendly demeanor throughout client interactions
• Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment that includes in-person collaboration, group e-mails, and instant messaging
• Committed to learning, and fostering an environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
This position is expected to work forty (40) hours per week or more. This position is an at-will position, meaning that either party may terminate the employment relationship at any time without notice or cause.
The benefits package includes paid time off (PTO), parental leave, Life Insurance, and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and the eligibility to participate in the following programs: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA, Dependent Care), and our 401(k) program.
Frank Productions is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and believes in equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. Accordingly, all employment decisions are based on the principles of equal opportunity. These decisions include recruitment, selection, promotion, transfer, discipline, compensation, benefits, training and other personnel actions involving persons in all job titles and we take affirmative action to ensure that they shall occur without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, less than honorable discharge, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical appearance, creed, ancestry, income level or source of income, marital status, student status, arrest and conviction records, use of honesty testing, pregnancy, childbirth, pregnancy-related conditions, the use or nonuse of lawful products off the employers' premises during non-work hours, declining to attend meetings or participate in communications about religious or political matters or any other characteristic protected by law.
Including a Cover Letter with your application is encouraged.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0wnvj-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.