Fox Television Stations is one of the nation's largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 29 stations in 18 markets and covering over 37% of US television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, DC and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Seattle.
FOX 13 in Seattle, WA has an immediate opening for a Master Control Technician. This position is directly responsible for maintaining our on-air look and monitoring the output of multiple TV stations at our local Seattle facility while ensuring all FCC requirements are met. The Master Control Technician is also responsible for ensuring content is ingested and prepared for air well ahead of airtime and taking measures to get re-feeds when required. Communicating continuously with Remote Master Control Hub, Traffic, News, Programming and Creative Service Departments verbally and through emails is critical to this position. The successful candidate must also master our on-air automation system and assist other operators as needed. Clear communication with Engineering is critical in this position in order to solve issues when they arise.
• Quality Assurance of program and spot media.
• Verify playlists and events are correct and make changes when required.
• Communicate with remote master control center any updates, changes, or issues.
• Be prepared to take over for remote mast control operator if necessary.
• Execute breaking news cut-ins and roll breaks for live events.
• Steer satellite dishes and tune satellite receivers for feeds and live events.
• Transfer media into automation system and prep for playback.
• Notify Engineering in the event of an on-air technical problem.
• Position requires performance of other job-related duties as assigned.
• Assist Engineering when requested.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 1-year minimum experience in a master control environment is required.
• Ability to react quickly and remain calm when problems arise.
• Basic computer skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Must be able to work all shifts.
• Must be willing to assist Engineering with pulling cable, mounting equipment, lifting gear, etc., when requested.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment-qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $26.44-31.25 per hour for Washington. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxzj21-3-239-6-58-42 in your application.