FOX Sports, the industry leader in live events, is the umbrella entity representing Fox Corporation's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes, as well as a joint-venture business in the Big Ten Network and digital properties including http://FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App. FOX Sports has delivered the most watched television program, NFL's America's Game of the Week on FOX, for fourteen consecutive years.
Fox Sports Digital is looking for a Freelance Digital Video Specialist to join the Sports Screening team in Los Angeles, CA. The Freelance Digital Video Specialist will use their expertise in video production, editing, and editorial experience to identify, clip, distribute, and create compelling content that services FOXSports.com, the FOX Sports App, and all of FOX Sports' YouTube channels. The perfect candidate will be passionate about sports and podcasts as they will interface with talent, production leaders, and social media leaders on both the digital and linear sides of our company.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work closely with other digital team members to help create original live-streaming content and/or VOD
• Optimize live event/sports studio show content as well as highlight content that will live across multiple FOX platforms, namely FOXSports.com, the FOX Sports App and the FOX Sports YouTube channels
• Utilize Adobe Premiere, WildMoka, and Google AIS to create compelling VOD content and highlights
• Distribute content through writing metadata, thumbnail creation, and publishing to digital platforms
• Understand how best to use social platforms and experience working with digital platforms
• Build and maintain relationships across a variety of groups including social media, production, studio, and other show teams
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 1+ year of Digital/TV editorial experience
• Familiar with digital platforms, industry terminology, and understand deadlines
• Communicate effectively with social media managers, producers, and other project stakeholders
• Knowledge of how to edit compelling video content using Adobe Premiere and distribute that content accordingly cross-platform
• Knowledgeable about Digital platforms including YouTube, TikTok, Instagram, etc.
• Strong written and grammatical skills required for writing video metadata
• Ability to manage and organize multiple concurrent projects
• A passion and love for sports content and finding compelling storylines
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
• Experience with Adobe Photoshop
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $28.50-28.50 per hour. We provide Freelancers medical/dental/vision insurance and 401k after they meet eligibility criteria and any State required time-off, in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6vn09-44-201-72-250-42 in your application.