Big Ten Network
The Big Ten Network is looking for an Audio Supervisor to join their team in Chicago, IL. As the Audio Supervisor, you will take the lead on all things sound-related for productions on the Big Ten Network. You will help manage and crew the audio mix for over 450 live productions on the network, and will also work closely with our Engineering team to determine equipment and routing needs across multiple events.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Mix audio for live and live-to-tape events on the Network
• Crew and develop new audio talent
• Expand audio freelancers both in the control rooms and on-site at each school location (across the 14 Big Ten campuses), including recruiting and training throughout the year
• Work with the Remote Operations and Engineering departments to determine equipment and personnel needs across all of our live events, including all games (MICR & Truck), FS1 games, and studio site productions (including Tailgate, tournament desks, and any pre or post-game shows)
• Work closely with engineers and tech managers to identify any patching or routing issues related to getting audio signals back to Chicago and return signals to the site, including announcers working with 'at-home' kits
• Identify rental and sub-mix needs for live shows and work with vendors and engineering to secure both the equipment and personnel needed
• Manage RF needs at various sites, and work with the facility liaisons to assist each venue to determine the best course of action as far as equipment and rental needs
• Manage the music library
• Identify appropriate cuts for use across all sports, including sport-specific teases and specialty packages, and load these cuts into the ENCO system within our MICR studios
• Create music drives and FTP links for use on Network Shows
• Work with our Business Operations Department to ensure that music cue sheets are created at the beginning of each sports season providing the A1's on-site and in our MICR studios with cue sheets that include all licensing information
• Pro Tools Editing; help to locate and edit appropriate sound effects across all of our graphic packages [opens, rejoins, caps, logo flys, billboards, title cards, transitions (wipes), weekly specialty graphics, and all sales integration (including marketing presentations]
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• An understanding of RF technology
• Proficiency in Pro-Tools editing with experience in music and effect editing
• 4+ years of Broadcast Audio/Sound experience
• Ability to work and excel in a fast-paced, high sense of urgency environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d937zk-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes.