Senior Vice President, Development & Production (MarVista Entertainment)
FOX Entertainment has the power to break through. We seek to pierce pop culture with content that takes big swings, delivers mass appeal and elicits visceral reactions form our audiences. FOX has been the #1 A18-49 rated network for 2 years in a row and we got there through innovation and perseverance, as well as excellent content including shows such as THE MASKED SINGER, 9-1-1, CALL ME KAT and THE GREAT NORTH. FOX Entertainment programming includes a mix of Drama, Comedy, Alternative, Animation and Specials. Also within the Fox family are brands such as TUBI, FOX Alternative Entertainment, FOX SPORTS, FOX NEWS, FOX BET, Bento Box, Blockchain Creative Labs, and Credible.
MarVista Entertainment, a Fox Entertainment Company, is one of the leading independent producers and distributors of programming in the worldwide television marketplace. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, the company has rapidly grown into a global producer and distributor of a broad range of programming genres. We are looking to hire a Senior Vice President of Development & Production to help set up, oversee, and execute a slate of films for our indie and streaming platform pipeline spanning a variety of genres. The Senior Vice President of Development & Production to the Head of Content Strategy and Development.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create a slate of films across genres while growing MVE's buyer relationship both in the US and abroad
• Bring and build connections with the creative community to further grow MVE's slate of film and expand its roster of writers and directors.
• Oversee and drive original scripted projects – films and series -- from start to finish (initial sale to final airdate).
• Accumulate knowledge of buyer schedules and trends, and sharing this with the department, and MVE producers
• Identify programming opportunities based on current cultural trends
• Source and assess screenplays, books, articles, life rights, concepts, sizzles, and short-form content – as well as other forms of intellectual property – in an effort to help build out and sustain a robust film pipeline
• Lead and collaborate with internal teams to develop ideas and concepts that are viable for the slate. Oversee preparation of pitch materials to sell concepts to various linear network and streaming partners – as well as open new business
• Mentor and guide the development and production staff, as well as executive producers/showrunners in how to craft successful programming
• Liaison with other departments to help facilitate negotiation around script options/purchases, director and or other talent deals, as well as any other support materials needed for greenlight, development/production, post-production, and delivery
• Support a diverse business model with varying budget levels and models (US originals, international co-productions, etc.). MarVista Entertainment's primary focus is 90-minute features with international appeal, with an eye for pursuing series and limited series opportunities. The primary target market is US digital streaming services combined with some basic cable, as well as international cable and digital
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Minimum 12 years of experience in Development and Production with at least 5 in scripted features
• Experience in independent film and television with a strong taste filter across a variety of genres
• Equal experience and knowledge in development and on-set production
• Experience navigating across departments such as legal and marketing
• Extensive existing relationships as well as actively developing and maintaining strong relations with the creative community: aggressively develop, secure, and maintain relationships with talent, agents, managers, and show creators
• Excellent communication and sales skills in order to interface closely with a variety of personalities both with internal MVE departments and team members, as well as outside producers and networks on creative issues
• Track record in series development and execution
• Strong creative problem-solving skills, above average ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressure
• The ability to make quick and reliable decisions is paramount
• Professionalism, discretion, and good judgment in all interactions with co-workers and industry professionals
• Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Great attitude
• Creative aptitude
• Initiative and self-direction
• Willingness to take on additional responsibility and growth as the company expands
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Zoom
• An experimental risk-taking mindset
• Be able to think outside of traditional content business models and manage volume in addition to creative
• A self-starter, good at sourcing, developing, and pitching material for sale with departmental support, and minimal daily supervision
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
• Experience in scripted series or limited series
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb6w7k-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.