OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
OutKick is a cutting-edge national multimedia platform that produces and distributes engaging content at the intersection of sports news, sports culture and pop culture. OutKick's stable of reporters, hosts and contributors are accessible on OutKick.com as well as across video livestreams, social media, podcasts, and radio, reaching tens of millions of fans each month. Owned by FOX Corporation, Outkick was originally founded by Clay Travis. For more information, please visit www.OutKick.com.
OutKick Media is looking for an experienced Senior Editor Social Media to join our OutKick.com team. You have been an editorial leader previously and have experience both on a news or sports desk and in the vital area of effectively and strategically combining content with an organization's social media presence. In this role, you recognize the vital aspect of social media to grow OutKick.com and will be relentless and aggressive in making OutKick.com a distinctive presence in the digital sports media world as well as in the social media landscape. You are also familiar with OutKick.com and feel your style and sensibilities fit well with what makes OutKick.com unique among more traditional and predictable sports media. You have an innate sense of what will punch through for the OutKick brand and how to maximize content both on the site and on social media platforms. You will work closely with the OutKick head of content, other editors along with writers and reporters on a daily basis.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work directly the OutKick.com editorial team. Mining stories, original ideas for coverage and coordinating and managing staff day to day
• Assign stories for day-to-day coverage, as well as long term planning
• Lead the OutKick.com social media strategy; training the wider editorial staff for a uniform workflow and effective social media best practices
• Work hand in hand with OutKick.com staff to maximize our content on social media
• Work quickly and react to the fast-paced and constantly changing news cycle and digital/social media landscape
• Work with social media platforms and the Fox Digital team to fully understand and prescribe rules for content and monetization. Educate and implement this information to the entire OutKick editorial staff
• Participate in broader strategic discussions re: content and audience engagement
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 10 years of experience in news, TV and/or digital
• Prior management experience in a newsroom setting overseeing editorial direction and team members
• Strong SEO and social media skills
• Excellent editorial judgment and extensive knowledge of sports, news, entertainment, and viral content
• Strong communication skills
• Ability/flexibility to work mornings, evenings, or weekends as required; possess an ''on-call'' mentality and be prepared to work under emergency or breaking news conditions
• A self-starter with excellent news judgment for a digital audience
• A desire to beat the competition and win at every metric
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• Prior experience with digital analytics (Chartbeat, Adobe Analytics etc.) to monitor and build traffic
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d92v1k-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.