FOX Entertainment has the power to break through. We seek to pierce pop culture with content that takes big swings, delivers mass appeal and elicits visceral reactions form our audiences. FOX has been the #1 A18-49 rated network for 2 years in a row and we got there through innovation and perseverance, as well as excellent content including shows such as THE MASKED SINGER, 9-1-1, CALL ME KAT and THE GREAT NORTH. FOX Entertainment programming includes a mix of Drama, Comedy, Alternative, Animation and Specials. Also within the Fox family are brands such as TUBI, FOX Alternative Entertainment, FOX SPORTS, FOX NEWS, FOX BET, Bento Box, Blockchain Creative Labs, and Credible.
TMZ is looking for an experienced Researcher to join our news team. Qualified candidates must have copyediting experience and news research skills. They must be able to act as an editorial partner in the news-gathering process, providing input for story development and posts. The role requires someone who is passionate about the TMZ brand, resourceful, and always one step ahead. Applicants must also possess an eye for detail and an ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced newsroom environment.
• Edit, maintain, and fact-check stories on the website
• Assist the News Desk with breaking news stories with accuracy and speed
• Watch and fact-check TMZ's 4 television shows (TMZ on TV, TMZ Live, TMZ Sports, TMZ Hip-Hop)
• Stay up to date with breaking news of the day, and advise producers of relevant news happening around the world
• Work with Writers and Producers to ensure depth and quality of storytelling for each post
• Develop a working knowledge of SEO skills
• Juggle multiple time-sensitive projects at once and be able to make strong and accurate judgement calls
• Assist Social Media department as needed
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, or related field a plus
• 3-5 years of experience working in a newsroom environment
• Demonstrated depth of historical knowledge regarding entertainment news events and topics
• Exceptional spelling and grammar skills, with meticulous attention to detail
• Must be proficient with LexisNexis and Google search
• Evening, weekend, and Holiday work, as needed
• Familiar with programs and processes such as CMS, Outlook, and Word Processing, along with basic MS Office software
• Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of social media, and the ability to effectively use and monitor various platforms
TMZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $19.00-21.00 per hour for California. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3wqbn-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.