Senior Software Engineer, Fedx Research & Development
New York, NY
Our Strategic Sourcing team is looking for a Sourcing Manager to lead sourcing and procurement with an emphasis on strong analytical skills, category expertise, and a passion for driving innovation. In this role, the Sourcing Manager will work and collaborate with senior management, finance, and operations. The Sourcing Manager must have excellent communication acumen, strong interpersonal skills, good judgment, and exceptional critical thinking ability that helps teams overcome obstacles and reach their goals in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
We are looking for someone with strong experience in sourcing and procurement in a variety of areas including but not limited to: Broadcast Tech, Engineering, IT (including hardware, software, and support agreements), Enterprise Agreements, SaaS licensing, Digital Media & Analytics, and Business Development.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Analyze spend data from various sources and recommend the best business decisions while following sourcing best practices
• Negotiate to maximize cost savings, improve service levels, and mitigate contractual risks
• Demonstrate sourcing leadership; manage long term strategy and work with operations on daily requirements
• Negotiate contracts with a strong understanding of contracting language
• Develop and manage projects deliverables
• Create compelling business cases to drive meaningful change in process or supplier as appropriate
• Manage key vendor relationships and create business partnerships that will add value to the overall process
• Own and lead the supplier interface for all RFI, RFP, and RFQ services
• Partner with appropriate internal stakeholders to reach smart and innovative business decisions
• Develop, set, lead and carry out negotiation strategy, while remaining nimble, fluid, and clear-headed
• Present results to evaluation team and drive the closure of a sourcing decision
• Identify evaluation criteria and provide relevant data to the team
• Drive continual improvement to cost productivity, the total cost of ownership, and total value proposition
• Identify areas of risk and drive mitigation with subject matter experts within the organization
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Minimum of 3 years of sourcing and procurement experience
• Executive presence and gravitas
• Ability to implement strategic thinking under pressure
• Outstanding presentation ability
• Consistently uphold integrity and honesty
• Detail-oriented, Excel skills and analytical thinking
• Unafraid to take calculated risks while maintaining accountability
• Familiarity with Supplier Diversity and Inclusion
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• Bachelor's Degree
• Exposure to tech (Broadcast, Engineering, IT, Digital Media)
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d94vw4-34-231-247-88-42 in your application.
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.