FOX News Digital seeks a Senior Strategist to join our team. This role covers a broad range of consequential and dynamic strategic issues impacting Digital's business.
FOX News Digital includes FoxNews.com and FoxBusiness.com, and is a key part of FOX News Media's future. In September 2021, the digital network outperformed all other news brands in total multiplatform minutes in the news competitive set, with 3.6 billion minutes, according to Comscore. Also in September 2021, the digital network notched over 1.8 billion total multiplatform views, outpacing CNN.com in the metric and delivering over 100 million multiplatform unique visitors.
The Senior Strategist will have significant responsibility, playing an integral role as we analyze and address critical decisions to maximize Digital's key performance indicators (KPIs), revenue, and support the broader FOX Corporation enterprise, which includes the FOX News Channel and FOX Nation.
The ideal applicant has an excellent track record in management consulting, corporate strategy, and/or finance. In this role, you will be a leader in the Strategy and Operations team, reporting to the Managing Editor and Head of Strategy. You will work with other Managing Editors, members of their teams, the Senior Manager for Digital Operations, as well as other partners and stakeholders across FOX News Media and FOX Corporation. You will also have frequent exposure to Digital's Editor in Chief. Finally, the Senior Strategist will have the opportunity to grow with the Digital enterprise, and contribute more broadly to the success of FOX News Media and the FOX Corporation.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work closely with the Managing Editor and Head of Strategy to develop and implement FOX News Digital's strategy, including identifying and addressing new growth opportunities, markets, partnership opportunities, and competitive and disruptive threats
• Anticipate, identify, and address trends and opportunities affecting the Digital business and broader media, technology, and operating environment
• Perform research and analyze data (in coordination with Business Intelligence), develop insights and options, build recommendations, prioritize initiatives, and produce presentations for the leadership team, all aimed at informing and shaping strategic decisions, enabling Digital to meet or exceed its KPIs, and maintaining and building competitive advantages
• Assess opportunities and challenges pertaining to Digital's current business portfolio
• Evaluate business models and develop business cases
• Segment, identify, and analyze audience member and stakeholder preferences. Conduct audience and content analysis and market research
• Develop and maintain competitor analyses, benchmarking, and competitive intelligence
• Advance Digital's marketing efforts, in close coordination with internal leaders and stakeholders, including in Marketing and Business Intelligence
• Assess and recommend technology improvements, in partnership with the Product team
• Work closely with Business Intelligence, Business Development, Product, Marketing, Finance, and other internal stakeholders to understand, articulate, address, and get in front of our dynamic operating environment
• In coordination with the Senior Manager for Digital Operations, work with the Managing Editor and Head of Strategy to advance Digital's performance and improve Digital's cost position.
• Other projects and duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree
• MBA and media experience preferred but not required
• Minimum 5 years of experience
• Experience in management consulting at a top-tier firm, corporate strategy, finance, or a related field
• Excellent quantitative skills (including financial modeling and analysis), and a track record of achieving results in a fast-paced work environment
• Experience interpreting metrics, and proven ability to see the bigger picture and prioritize across multiple workstreams, while maintaining strong attention to detail
• Ability to develop business cases and analyses of alternatives and conduct market research
• Experience navigating a complex organization and working effectively and collaboratively, at strategic and tactical levels, with a wide range of stakeholders of varying seniority
• Ability to quickly and independently problem solve and communicate early
• Ability to independently drive projects from strategy formulation to execution
• On-call, can-do, entrepreneurial, and audience-first mentality to work in a demanding and dynamic environment; a team-oriented approach is also a must
• Proven ability to see the bigger picture and prioritize across multiple work streams in a fast-paced environment; exceptional organizational skills, multitasking capabilities, and attention to detail
• Excellent presentation and market/audience research skills; proficient in working with data to develop quantitative insights and track and report on key metrics
• Understanding of audience dynamics and segmentation
• Superb oral, written, and presentation skills
• Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmwmvv-54-144-55-253-42 in your application.