Full Time Job
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Job DescriptionJOB DESCRIPTION
FOX is looking for an On-Air Coordinator to join our Broadcast team to be responsible for the final daily quality control of our Ad Revenue which averages 2.5 to 3 Billion dollars per year for Fox. You will be responsible for all issues and errors of these Ads on a daily basis and will have to perform these quality control tasks under strict daily timelines, which can be hours to minutes before they go to broadcast air. You will have the opportunity to communicate and collaborate with multiple departments throughout the organization to identify and resolve issues/errors in the media created, such as correcting the date on a promo.
We are looking for someone who has high attention to detail and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment as you are one of the individuals who makes sure all elements (program, commercial, and promo) that make up the whole of our broadcast are assembled and ready for air seven days a week. Due to the nature of this role, ability and flexibility to work any day of the week, including weekends, is imperative.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform quality control over On-Air Programming
• Coordinate all aspects of our live programming, from coordinating with the show, to Assistant Directing the live shows from the broadcast center
• Oversee transitions between day parts, such as the transition between Sports and Prime
• Create schedules to send to affiliates and ensures captioning is booked for all sporting events
• Provide coverage for the Program Services coordinator, taking in deliveries from shows and maintaining correct information about each show
• Move commercials to avoid conflicts between advertisers
• Spot technical issues with shows, commercials or promos
• Monitor world events to ensure FOX has sensitivity to current events
• Instruct a team of engineers on tasks that need to be prioritized to make sure deadlines are met
• Assist direct live Fox shows and be responsible for the timing and airing of all elements including commercial and promos during these live shows as well as the coordination of timing between shows
• Communicate with AD and Director of live shoes for exact timings to the second
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• A Bachelors degree
• Experience in coordinating television broadcasting work; previous supervisory experience is preferred
• Superior oral and written communication skills
• Good mathematical and superior reasoning skills
• Good organizational and project management skills
• Good computer skills, including experience with email, the internet and various word processing programs, including Excel
• Proven leadership and supervisory skills
• Ability to multitask and work effectively under daily time constraints in a high-pressure environment
• Ability to work any day of the week, including weekends
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d87z16-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world's leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.